Chapter 7

When the Holts returned home they explained that they'd all be staying at Allura's for the weekend. Their mom was used to this so she had no problem. What she wasn't used to was seeing Katie excited to tell her that she MADE FRIENDS! Her mother had started to get worried about her introverted daughter so this made her overjoyed.

When Katie got back to her room, panic started to set in. Considering they lived 20 mins from the beach, she hadn't been to the beach in so long! She tore through her room until she found a bathing suit. She cringed at it. It was a light green bikini that showed as much skin as if she was just wearing underwear and a bra from Victoria's secret. Her mom had gotten it for her a while ago and it still had the tag on. This was the only bathing suit she owned so she had no choice.

She slipped it on and looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't look half bad she realized. Her breasts rested nicely on the soft material. It showed some cleavage which she wasn't particularly keen about until she thought about Shiro. "I hope he likes it." She thought doing a spin. She became more comfortable as she looked herself up and down. She put a loose fitting dress over it as a cover up. She didn't bother to wear pants. She then grabbed a bag and threw in extra clothes she'd need for the weekend and school on Monday. Good thing she already got her homework done.

She took one last look at herself satisfied with her work and left with Matt. They drove in his car listening to music when she turned to him and said "hey Matt? Thanks." "For what?" He said. "Forcing me out of my shell. Now I actually have friends. I didn't think it was possible." She said giggling. "I knew you had it in you." He smiled giving her a side hug pulling into the huge drive way.

The rest of the group was already there when they got out. Hunk was wearing a grey tank top with a sun on it and yellow swim shorts. Keith was wearing a black tank top that showed off his muscles with red swim shorts. Lance was wearing blue swim trunks and no shirt at all exposing his evenly tan skin. "Why would you want to cover up perfection?" He smiled as the group laughed.

Katie was nervous for Shiro to see her in a dress. She got out of the car. Shiro looked so hot! He wore black swim trunks and a grey tank top with sunset colored stripes. This showed off his rippling muscles that made her breath hitch.

Shiro was talking to everyone when Matt's car pulled up. His heart stopped when Katie got out of the car wearing a white flowy dress with a light green bikini that could be slightly seen underneath. The wind blew her hair nicely and brought her dress up to her thigh. He blushed so hard looking at her.

They approached and she looked a bit nervous. "H-Hey. You look great." He complimented. "Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." She smiled.

They all piled into the van and took off. Since they lived in Florida, the beach was only 15 minutes away from Allura's house. Matt and Allura took the front seats, Keith and Lance took the middle, and the rest of them squished into the back. "Hey, guys! Great news!" Hunk said gaining the group's focus. "Shay said she'll meet us there!" He said smiling. "Wonderful!" Allura said.

They sang along to the radio until they arrived on the hot beach. The sun shined bright and they all got out carrying towels, chairs, and umbrella's. They met up with Shay and found a nice shady spot to set up their stuff under some palm trees. Shay was a sophomore with dark skin and dark brown hair. She was very sweet when Katie met her. "They're the cutest couple." Katie whispered to Lance. "I know, right?" He agreed. "They look so made for each other." They agreed giggling.

They split off separated girls and guys to get ready, staying a little ways apart. All the guys took off their shirts revealing abs to Katie's surprise, except Lance who didn't bring a shirt to begin with. Shiro had a dazzling 6-pack that turned her red. She quickly turned around so no one would see. They all started putting on sunscreen; they all knew very well the Florida sun had no mercy.

Out of the corner of his eye Shiro watched Katie pull off her white dress revealing a light green bikini. He was sort of surprised to see she actually had a lot of cleavage. She had beautiful natural curves and her hair cascaded down her back giving her a nice silhouette. She seemed to glow in the sun.

"Shiro? SHIRO!" He snapped back to reality. "W-What?!" He looked at Lance waving his hands in front of Shiro's face. "What are you staring at?" He asked as he followed his gaze to finally land on Katie. "Bro if you're gonna stare, try to make it more subtle." He laughed. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." He stammered. "Dude. I literally just caught you checking her out. Do you like her?" He wiggles his eyebrows. "What! No. You're being ridiculous." He said avoiding his eyes. "That's okay if you do. You two would make a cute couple." He said.

Hunk came over. "Hey guys! What are we talking about?" He asked. "Shiro totally likes Katie!" He said before Shiro could explain. "Aww. You two would make a great couple. I support it." He said happily. Before Shiro knew what was going on word had spread amongst all the guys and they were all snickering. Surprisingly Matt stayed oblivious to everything and the guys decided to keep it that way until further notice.

Katie looked over to see all the guys snickering and thought they were probably talking about Matt and Allura. Allura was wearing a white bikini that showed off her cleavage and stood out on her darker skin. Her silver hair gave her a stunning glow. All she could think was "How the hell did Matt land a bombshell like that?!" She looked at herself but was pleasantly happy with how she looked.

Allura and Shay went up to her and Shay giggled saying "Hey. We have a question for you." Katie replied "Okay. What is it?" They giggled some more. "So you probably didn't know but Lance is bi and Kieth is gay, just an fyi. So there's this unspoken running joke among the group that Lance and Kieth would be a cute couple. We call it Klance. What do you think?" Katie laughed "Seriously? I mean, I'd be totally for it if they were together." She said now giggling along with them. Allura told her the plan "Okay, good. Because we've been trying to get them together all summer but their so oblivious. So since it's some of our senior year, we're going to set them up this year. Are you in?" "For sure. This will be fun." They smiled at each other deviously and giggled some more.

Keith noticed the girls giggling like crazy. "Hey. What do you think their laughing at?" He asked Lance. "I don't know. Probably eyeing me." He said flexing. Keith rolled his eyes. He secretly hated it how Lance constantly flirted with girls. Everyone knew that he was bi and that Keith was gay, but they never spoke about it much. Keith had had a small crush on the Latino for a little bit but he'd never had the courage to say something. He always liked the little things like the way Lance smiled and was always so optimistic. He balanced him out. Keith abandoned his thoughts when the group congregated to head into the water.

Once they all had on sunscreen they dashed into the oasis of the sea escaping the unbearable heat. They all splashed around until Lance splashed Keith and yelled "WATER FIGHT!!" Everyone violently splashed one another and shrieks erupted from the girls. They all laughed falling into the ocean to cool down.

The rest of the day consisted of Hunk burying Lance up to his neck in sand, Lance flirting with girls on the beach, and Hunk taking a nap. Also Keith reading a book and Allura and Matt cuddling in the shade.

After a while they made their way back onto the shore and had a sand fort building competition. Everyone paired up:
Allura and Matt, Hunk and Shay, Keith and Lance, and Shiro and Katie. They all built sand forts and made sand balls. At the sound of the whistle from Matt they all pelted each other with sand balls until they were all covered head to toe in wet sand.

They all ran back into the ocean and washed off. "That was such a great idea, Katie!" Allura said. "Yeah! Matt and I used to have fights like those all the time." She laughed. Shiro watched her laugh and smiled. "Who's up for pizza?" Hunk asked. Everyone agreed and headed up to put on clothes and pack up. Since their breakfast was basically brunch, they just ate pizza for dinner. They walked in flip flops down the road to a small pizza shop.