Chapter 9

They all returned back to Allura's house exhausted. They had a few bruises here and there, but it was nothing compared to what they did to the other group. Katie took a shower and went to her shared room with Shiro. The room was empty. She was in her towel and closed the door. She locked the door, and let her towel fall as she got dressed. She put on her underwear and grabbed some clothes.

Shiro finished taking a shower and went back to the room and opened the unlocked door. His eyes widened as he saw Katie in her underwear currently hooking her bra and getting dressed. A dark red spread across his face as she quickly whipped around at the noise of the door opening. She turned red and yelped grabbing her towel to cover herself.

Shiro quickly shut the door stammering "S-S-SORRY!" Keith rounded the corner to see a stunned Shiro. He looked like he'd just seen a ghost. "Dude. Are you okay?" He said worriedly. "No!" He whisper-shouted knowing Katie was in the other room. "What happened?" He asked. "I just walked in on Katie getting dressed!" Shiro panicked to Keith. He gulped. "Well, was she wearing...anything?" Keith asked. "Not much, just her bra and underwear. Sort of..." Shiro replied shakily and explained what happened. "Yeesh." Keith shook his head and tried to comfort his nervous friend. "I'm sure she'll forgive you. It was an accident." He said. "I know but I don't want things to be weird between us, you know?" He vented. Keith gasped "you DO like her!" "Yeah, yeah I do." He confessed. "I don't know what to do!" He said. "Just tell her how you actually feel. And also give her an official apology. It shows that you care and she'll appreciate the honesty." Keith advised. "Wow. That's actually really good advise." Shiro admitted. "Okay thanks." He said calming down finally. "Who knew! Keith the loner would be giving love advise." He elbowed Keith snickering. "Good luck man." He said patting his back before going back I his own room. "You should tell Lance too." Shiro said knowingly. "W-What do you mean?" Keith said flustered turning a little red as he stopped in his tracks. "I know you like him. I can tell." Shiro said. "Yeah. I do, but I don't know how to tell him." He said. Now the tables have turned and it was Shiro's time to give advice. "Just be honest. He'll appreciate the honesty." He said using Keith's own advise against him. Keith sighed. "I guess that's what I get for trying to be a good friend."

Katie couldn't believe what just happened.  Shiro had walked in on her in her bra and underwear! How embarrassing! She was totally crushing on him. What was she going to do? She quickly got dressed into her tank top and shorts she was using as pajamas. She collected her thoughts and opened the door.

The door separating Katie and Shiro was opened. As Katie stepped out to speak but Shiro spoke first "Katie, I am so sorry. It was totally my fault. It was an accident, I swear! I would never do that on purpose if I knew-." She stopped him from rambling. "No, it was me. I thought I locked the door but didn't." She said looking up at him. "And I forgive you. It was just an accident." She said. "So... we're all good?" He said nervously. "Yeah." She said smiling. They both sighed.

Shiro walked into his room to get dressed and Katie was swept away by Allura and Shay. "Aahhh" she said, startled as she was pulled into Allura's room. Shay would be sleeping with Hunk. "What's going on?" She asked giggling. "Katie. We want to give you a social transformation." Allura said excitedly. "A what?" Katie said confused. "A social transformation. You know, make you popular, teach you how to act. Fun stuff like that." She explained. "Um okay.." she said smiling. "Now that you're rolling with us, we want everyone to have a fresh perspective on you. In the top crowd, if you do something out of the ordinary, it's not weird, it's unique, cool. Get it?" She continued. "Huh. That sounds like a change I could get used to." She said. "Now in the beginning it might be a bit weird because everyone will be watching for what you do and how to judge you, but you just have to not care." Shay said. "Being yourself is how people will get to know the real you." She said. "That's so cheesy." Katie said. "But it's so true. When we portray ourselves, we don't want people to like a person we try to be. We want them to want to be our friends because of our personalities." Shay said. "That makes sense." Katie agreed.

They gave her some fashion tips and told her where to meet them for lunch. Don't slouch, smile, make eye contact, be nice to people. Stuff like that. "I want to give you a makeover for school. Is that alright?"Allura asked. "That sounds fun!" Katie agreed. "Awesome. You're with us now. You'll see. This is going to be so much fun." She said as the three headed back outside.

The group stayed up talking and playing video games. Matt gave Katie the Mario Kart game, but she realized that by going to that party, she'd gotten something better: new friends. She decided to hook it up to Allura's wii so they could all play one another. Keith and Lance were constantly one-uping each other while Katie and Matt were neck and neck. It ended with Katie in first, Matt in second, Keith in third, and Lance pouting in last.