Chapter 1

*Crystals POV*

I take the list of groceries off the fridge and look at them all slowly.
"Dad I'm going to go get groceries" I yell out to him from the front door.
"Okay Crystal, be careful remember the lord is always watching."
I nod and walk out the door. The bright sun hits me head on and my long skirt blows softly in the light wind. I breath in the fresh air and smile looking around at everyone. I see my next door neighbour out in her garden. A sweet old woman who is kinda like a mom to me. After my mom passed away she was there for my father and I and has been around ever since. I wave to her, "good morning Grace."
She looks up from her garden over to me and smiles bright and warm. "good morning Crystal, where are you of to sweety?"
"Dad needs groceries"
"ah, well be safe hun" She turns back to her garden and I continue my walk. The town seems quiet as usual around this time. Everyone is working or in school. I'm home schooled, my father believed that a building full of rambunctious teenagers was a sin and nobody learned anything.

I finally arrive at the grocery store and grab a cart walking around the aisles quickly knowing exactly where everything is. After I fill up my cart with everything I need I go to the front to pay. I pay with dads debit card and walk out with my hands full of groceries. My attention is on something else when I run into something and fall back. All my groceries fall everywhere and I gasp. My bum hits the cement and I shake my head looking up realising I bumped into a someone not a something. A boy was standing there staring at me. "I deeply apologize I didn't mean to run into you I was looking at something else." I turn and see my groceries everywhere and start to pick them up.
The boy clears his throat." it's not a problem" he gets down on his hands and Knees and starts to help me and I finally get a good look at him.Brown hair,spaced ears, Dark clothes,this is the type of Man father warned me about. I have to be quick and leave but those eyes. A green and light brown mixed together.I shake my head and focus back on the grocerys, father will punish me If he heard about this. " I have never seen you before and I have been here a long time. Who are you?"
I gasp when he talks not wanting to reply. I grab my bags from him.
"Thank you for helping me. God bless"
I rush off after that and hear him call.
"Hey...wait"
I don't wait, I can't
I rush home and run through the door and lean on it out of breath and sigh.
Oh dear.