chapter 4

*CRYSTALS POV*

I wake up at 7 to get ready.
I can't believe I'm doing this.
This will be the first lie I ever told my father and for what a stupid...really good looking...cute....
I shake my head and growl. What is the matter with me he is still a stranger.
I continue to get ready and out on a black long skirt and a white shirt. Not very attractive but If i wore something else out of the house Dad would kill me.
After I am done I walk upstairs and go to the door.
"Dad I am going to go do my bible reading in the park today because it is such a lovely day"
I cring hearing the big lie come out of my lips. I wait and hear him upstairs.
"okay Crystal. Enjoy be back before we have church." 
"yes dad"
I walk out the door and make my way to the park.

When I get there is is 7:56 am. I look around for him and he isn't here so I sit on a bench and wait. Sure enough at 8 am sharp there he is walking towards me. He sits down and for a while we don't say anything. It was nerve racking and I began to laugh.
He looked at me and smiles
"what's so funny?"
I giggle more and I don't mean to
"I don't know. It's just so quiet"
He chuckles
"So then can I finally get your name"
"Oh I don't know. Haven't your parents ever told you not to talk to strangers."
He chuckles a bit and rolls his eyes.
"But If thats the case then everyone in the world would be strangers and no one would be friends because we dont talk to strangers."
He did have a point
"Crystal. My name is Crystal"
I smile and he nods
"It suits you. My name is Max"
He extends his hand and I place my hand in his and he leans down and kisses my hand.
"oh a gentleman?" I giggle
"only outside the bedroom" he remarks and it confuses me, what does he mean?
I shake it off and he chuckles
"sorry about that that may have been a little far."
"it's okay I don't understand anyway"
"well...never mind. So tell me about you Crystal"
I think for a moment and play with my shirt
"well. I was born and raised here."
"Oh really, that's weird because I have never seen you before and I have lived here all my life. I would also remember such a beauty such as yourself." he smiles and I blush red. Why does he have to know all the right things to say.
"My father never brought me outside. This is one of my few times I am aloud out, either I go out to the grocery store or come here to do bible study or go to church. Thats it. Other then that i am stuck inside or on our property or the neighbours."
He looks sad that I say this but he is listening.
"but...Why?"
I asked myself that alot. Why did he do it?
"I think it's because he wants to protect me"
"from what?"
I shrug
"I never found out" I finally reply.
We look at each other for a few moments,just staring into each others eyes.
"So" he says "what else?"
I think
"well I want to know about you"
"there isn't much to know. I was born here and I dont get along with my father."
"Why?"
"that's a story for another day"
I smile at him. There will be another day
"want to go for a walk?"
I nod my head and we go for a stroll and he shows me a beautiful trail in the forest and we continue to talk.  he tells me all the things he does and likes and I do the same. I have never gotten this close to anyone other then Grace.

The farthur along we go the more beautiful it gets. We stop at this amazing pond that has a waterfall. The water sparkles like diamonds.
I gasp and look at everything. "it's so so beautiful."
"Yeah it is." I look over at him and he is looking at me. I blush red knowing he meant me. I look down at my watch just to check and realise I am late. I gasp out loud. "oh heavens, I'm late my father is going to kill me."
Max looks at me and takes my hand.
"Here I know a short cut." we run through the forest holding hands and he takes me through a trail that takes me right to my home. I can see it from the cleaning. I smile at him. "Thank you so much. I may not be so dead after all"
He chuckles. " I hope not i do hope so see you again. How about a late night trip to the park?"
"I have never snuck out before. I...I dont know" 
"Crystal" he puts a hand on my cheek and looks into my eyes. "your father can't put this hold on you forever. You have to get out of his grip on you. Your a teenager you need to live your life."
I almost didn't hear him. I was so lost in his eyes but he was right. I nod my head.
"10:00 pm at the park" I nod and he takes his hand off my cheek. I still feel his warmth. He smiles.
"see you then"
"y...yes see you then"
I run off after that feeling his stare behind me. It makes my heart race and that scares me. Father was wrong.