Happy Birthday

A/N here we go, I hope everyone likes this.

Y/N's POV

Another year,  another birthday. I decided, since I was celebrating 20 years of being on this planet, I would invite a bunch of my friends over for a party. I guess. I set up a bunch of decorations and some party favors. Ever since I moved to LA I've had a hard time making friends, since everything is so different than home. I grew up in Maine, in a small home with my mom. I only had a few friends back when I was younger, so I wasn't all alone.

It's been 4 hours since the time everyone had to arrive. I sat, on my couch, popping balloons, trying to keep a positive thought. Just like you always taught me.

"Happy Birthday to me..."

3rd Person POV

Y/N looked out the window, missing home. She watches the rain slowly start to pour down onto the house. "The rainy days were always the fun ones." That thought was the last blow, and the tears come streaming out. No one came to her birthday. Not this year, not last year, not for many years now. Her sobs echo through the empty house, in rhythm with the rain.

A long while after, a knock was heard at the door.
Who could that be at this hour, in the pouring rain?
She tried not to give herself hope of it being a guest. Her feet shuffled from the couch to the door, as she tried to wipe her tears. Y/N opened the door slightly and looked up to see none other than Ethan Nestor. Her childhood friend.

He smiled cutely and stuck his hands in his jacket pockets. "Happy Birthday Y/N!"

Y/N's POV

I stood there looking like an idiot for about 3 minutes, until I finally realized what was happening. "E-Ethan....Come in, it's raining really bad out there!!" I pulled him in quickly and closed the door. "Thanks," He laughed a bit. "I hope it was okay for me to stop by-" I cut him off by hugging him as I tightly as humanly possible. He hugged back, and smiled down to me. "I've missed you too, ya goof." We Laughed and stayed there for a couple more minutes. When we pulled away, I asked him an important question. "How the hell did you find my address?! Were you in LA this whole time and never told me?!"

"I can explain, don't freak out. I was on the phone with my mom, and she told me that about a year ago you moved here. She got your address from your mom, she gave it me, and here I am. I couldn't miss your big 20th Birthday." Gah, my mom, exploiting me.... I nodded in understanding and looked around. "Did you have a party? You guys must have gone wild with all of these popped balloons." He asked, innocently. That's when everything came back. The years of being alone, everyone ignoring me. For some reason, one moment with him can make me forget everything bad. I start crying, involuntarily, of course. He turns when he hears my sniffs. "Woah, Hey, don't cry....today is supposed to be your happy day..." He came up and hugged me again. We sat like that for awhile as I explained. Somehow he understood through the tears. He lead me to couch, and we kinda just stayed like that for awhile. He told me about everything that happened, YouTube, life, friends. "Ethan that's amazing!!! I'm so proud of you!" You exclaimed.
"Thanks, goofy goober~" He laughs and ruffles your hair. A crackle of lightning could be hear outside the house, and the small amount of light went out in the house. Ethan sighed and bit his lip guilty. "I.....I'm sorry. I'm sorry you had a bad birthday, and I wish, I could just make it all disappear! First, those assholes who didn't come to the best birthday party ever, then you loose power. I hope I'm helping, at least a little bit." I start laughing. And laughing. "Ethan," I said, once I controlled my laughter. "You made today one hundred times better than it would have been. I guess you could say, it's a Happy Birthday." I smile. "You always know how to make it happy..." He smiles back, putting his hand over mine. "I learned from you, doofus."

For the rest of the night, we sat next to the window watching the rain, telling stories and made my 20th Birthday, a special one.