Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s POV

The first thing I notice when I wake up is Eric...

"Good morning (Y/N)... You get ready for school and well go!" he says when he notices I'm awake. I nod and get dressed. I walk out my room and see my dad drink coffee in the kitchen. He startles when he sees me.

"Morning honey!" he says almost instantly. I am too tired to speak so i just smile and get something to eat.

"Ask your father for a ride to school today." my SQUIP suddenly demands.

'Why? I can go with the bus!' I think at him.

"Your daughter-father relationship is sad... Both of you are hiding secrets from each other... I know you would understand each other very well." he says confidently.

'So I'll tell him about you?' I ask him in my head. He shakes his head. "Not that..." He responds.

'OK...' i think. "Hey dad... Can you give me a ride to school today?" I ask my dad. He looks at me like I just would have told him I'm pregnant or something big. 

"Sure? But why not go with a bus?" he asks me.

"Tell him you want to spend time with him too." Eric suggests.

"I wanna spend time with my old man too, don't think I would miss out on spending time with you!" I say. Dad looks at me like I am a miracle. I just smile at him and Eric seems proud of me too. 

"I am proud!" he says patting my head.

My father was impressed and smiled at me. "Aww, you are too sweet honey!" he says laughing.

We soon get in my fathers car, us in the front and Eric sits alone in the back seat. At least he has a lot of free room. "Indeed." he says at my thought. As soon as we started moving my dad asked:"I never asked... How was your first day of school?"

"It was cool, I met my internet friend, he is really nice... There was a mean guy who talked to me... So I guess it was cool." I respond.

"Internet friend? Which one?" he asks again.

"The one I play games with! His name is Michael Me-" I start only to be interrupted by Eric. "It's best if you didn't tell the full name, just in case." he says.

"Oh... You should introduce him to me... Invite him over sometime!" my dad suggests. Hearing that Eric seems disturbed. 

"So... Honey... I have news for you..." dad starts. "Yeah?" I ask him curiously.

"I have been seeing a woman..." he continues. I freeze at his words.

"We have been dating for a year now... I would like you to meet her... Is it OK if I bring her home tonight?" he asks me smiling. I stay silent... A year? I feel so betrayed. He has been with someone for a year and never told me?

"(Y/N)?" he says. I just nod... 

Eric's POV

I can tell she is confused, mad and sad... I feel bad for her. I should have seen it coming and warned her. But I can't believe her father wants to meet Michael... I need to do something about it...

There is a deadly silence in the car between (Y/N) and her dad... I want to cheer her up, but I know it's gonna be pointless. I just keep the silence and soon enough we enter the school grounds. We leave the car and (Y/N) and her dad say bye to each other. It was really awkward.

Soon we get to the school house. I have decided to keep (Y/N)'s attention off of Michael... Or I could... Yes I'll block Michael from her optic nerve. It's cruel, I know, but she could gain some popularity if she dose as I instruct her.