Chapter 1: New Girl

—Kree Warship—

After the Skrulls had destroyed the inner defenses of the Kree warship, they started to board it. Dozens of soldiers infiltrated the landing dock of the ship which left most of the Kree traders dead on the floor. Some of the Kree begged for mercy but instead got shot quickly by the Skrulls. Behind the army that was deployed, Kl'rt exited the boarding ship. He slowly walked with one of his hands acting as a sword made out of ice. He killed any of the Kree who was trying to escape through the pods. The Skrull soldiers cleared the way for him until the cockpit.

"Is the Kree warrior inside?" Kl'rt asked one of the soldiers guarding the door.

The soldier nodded and Kl'rt tore the door apart with his ice sword. Inside the cockpit, Captain Mar-Vell was trying to escort some of the injured Kree pilots out of the way. Some soldiers started firing at Kl'rt but he made a shield made of Vibranium which deflected all of the bullets away. He started to kill the soldiers one by one until they were all killed.

"Mar-Vell! The Kree's most valuable soldier, looking defenseless in times of crisis. What has happened to you?" Kl'rt asked, retracting the ice sword and turned it into a flaming chain.

"I'm doing what's right for this race. Protecting them." Mar-Vell smiled and attacked Kl'rt with a sword.

Kl'rt blocked his attack with the vibranium shield and kicked him into the cockpit. Mar-Vell got knocked into the wiring and he was greatly injured in his back. Nonetheless, he stood back up and got ready to fight once more. Mar-Vell slid to the side of Kl'rt and slit his knee open. He groaned in pain and covered it with some ice. Kl'rt rushed towards Mar-Vell and continuously struck Mar-Vell with his chain.

Mar-Vell used his sword to block the attacks but with too much heat, his sword was cut into half and he was taking the full force of a flaming chain. His body was being burnt by Kl'rt while some of the Kree managed to escape.

"You just..." Mar-Vell moaned as he tried to stand on two feet, "let a hundred Kree civilians escape this ship."

"They weren't the plan, Mar-Vell. My initial plan was to kill you." Kl'rt raised Mar-Vell's bloodied face. "And the story they will be talking about, is how they watched the Kree's greatest warrior fall to the Skrull king."

"That's why you have to have a backup." Mar-Vell smirked and struck Kl'rt with a uppercut. He pressed a button near him and the platform started turning upside down. "Good luck telling your story."

Mar-Vell was placed into a ship that was acting as a light for the ship. He powered up his ship but his right hand was damaged heavily from a strike to his right wrist with the chain. There was no more time for him to activate the ship manually due to the banging from above him.

"Computer activate." Mar-Vell groaned as a hologram appeared on front of him.

"Computer activating... good day, Captain Mar-Vell. What may I do for you?" The hologram asked.

"Send me to a planet where it is inhabited by no Skrulls and is safe to land in." Mar-Vell ordered and the thrusters started to power up. He suddenly felt something in his stomach which wasn't good.

"Preparing for..." The hologram started to calculate silently, "616 jumps."

"I should've thought this through." Mar-Vell muttered as he prepared to travel at the speed of light.