Chapter 4: The Escape

—Disclosed Facility—

Captain Mar-Vell woke up in a strange room. He was expecting many people to be looking down at him after he crashed his plane. Instead, only one man was looking down at him and he was looking at him with a straight and calm face.

Mar-Vell sat down quickly and grabbed the man by the neck, "Where am I?!"

"Maybe we can solve this in a more peaceful manner." The man said softly.

"Answer my question and we'll see if I'll go easy on you." Mar-Vell said with no fear.

"You're on Earth, specifically California." Coulson said and Mar-Vell shoved him off, "You're ship landed here. And that must be a declaration of war?"

"Declaration of war? My intelligence told me this was a peaceful..." Mar-Vell grunted when he saw his hands cuffed together. "planet."

"We can't let you play around on this planet unless we know you could interact well with humans." Coulson smiled and looked outside the window, "So far, it isn't looking too good for you."

"Who is she?" Mar-Vell asked about the girl who was breaking down brick walls easily.

"Like I said, you don't interact well with us. You transmitted your powers to her. Now she shares the same powers as you."

"Transmit? I'm sorry but the Kree can't transmit their powers."

The door opened loudly and a man in a leather jacket and beanie walked inside. He was wearing sunglasses and he looked like he was in business.

"Or maybe you don't know that yet." The Director said, "I'm the leader to the place you are being held up in right now."

"Well for sure, when I get home, I'll tell my intelligence how much of a planet Earth is." Mar-Vell chuckled.

"Do you know what I don't like, mister?" The Director asked with some emphasis, "People laughing in the middle... of war. You brought this upon us."

"The only war I'm dealing with is against the Skrull empire. There is no war between us and Earth."

"And since you are one of the Kree's people, that means you brought the Kree-Skrull war to Earth. Once you bring another race to a war, you just made the war a whole lot complicated."

"All I need is to get back to my home planet. After that, you won't even have to be involved."

"And her?" The Director pointed at Carol.

"Um..." Mar-Vell hesitated. "We'll just leave her here."

"Which leaves a Kree inhabitant on our planet." The Director argued. "Take her, you might as well be taking Earth as well."

"Is there really no way I can bring Earth out of the problem."

"I would be surprised if you have a solution so no. There is not a single way you can bring us out."

"And there's no way to solve my war." Mar-Vell stood up and looked at the girl. She was testing the strength of her punches on a metal table, "But she can."

"In absolutely no circumstance will you be allowed to take the girl out of Earth's grasp. She is still a human." The Director said.

"I can teach her. I can end the war." Mar-Vell chuckled, "Myths told that the greatest Kree warrior to ever exist wasn't a Kree, but only a hybrid of it. She can be the hyrbid."

"And what does this 'greatest Kree warrior' have?"

"The ability to fly, to withstand almost anything, and has the powers of a God." Mar-Vell smiled while discussing the power of the warrior, "One story, she even carried a whole planet to destroy a space station."

"We're all fascinated with your story." The Director sarcastically said. "But I want to know if she has those powers."

"Well, we're about to find out." Mar-Vell smirked when Carol started taking down guards.

"Damn it." The Director muttered, "Coulson, alert Bravo and Charlie teams. Carol Danvers is on the loose."

"On my way sir." Coulson said, turning around and bringing his radio out, "Test subject- number one has broken out of confinement. Moving towards Bravo team."

Carol powered through heavily armed guards by pushing them towards the wall. They got knocked out by the force they were hitting it by. More and more guards started walking in with tasers and Carol started to get worried. But once they started shocking her, she felt nothing. She grabbed a shield that was left on the ground and started plowing through the waves of guards.

They started punching her but it seemed to hurt them more than Carol. Just a few punches and nudging makes them either unconscious or badly hurt. Thus came a whole group of armed guards who were standing on the end of the hallway. Carol had thrown her shield and walked empty-handed. They opened fire but the bullets deflected off her body.

Once all the guards ran out of ammo in the weapon, Carol engaged them in one on one combat she learned during military training. Meanwhile, Coulson was walked inside the control room.

"I want all cameras showing Carol Danvers. Now!" Coulson shouted and the workers started changing the camera. Carol was destroying the guards who were placed to contain her. "Status on teams?"

"Charlie and Delta team wiped out. Bravo on their way." The leader on the radio answered, "Should I call in Alpha team?"

"Put them on standby." Coulson frustratingly placed the radio down and watched the cameras, "I want tanks positioned outside the vault doors."

In the custody room, Mar-Vell and the Director were sitting opposite of each other, listening to the radio that morning. They weren't looking at each other, but they were enjoying it.

"You have these kinds of songs in your planet?" The Director asked.

"No. We don't have songs at all. Just rituals. We only listen to music when we're on other planets."

"I see."

"Shouldn't we be helping them hold off Danvers? I mean, I can be big help."

"I'm sure Coulson has this situation under control. He's my best man."

"But she's half-Kree. Which makes her a powerful being."

"You're telling me that my defense isn't the best? Let me tell you, it can withstand-"

Coulson opened the door suddenly and came there with bad news.

"She flew out of the facility." Coulson gulped.

"And?" The Director asked with a angry tone.

"She's missing."

"The best in the world, huh?" Mar-Vell chuckled and stood up, "We need to find her right now. She's the only person who can solve this war. And since you're team couldn't contain her, I'm placing myself in leadership."

"And who gave you that power?"

"Who gives a shit? Let's find Earth's Mightiest Defender." Mar-Vell smiles.