Chapter 13: The Showdown

—Skrull Space Station—

Carol positioned herself behind an asteroid so she couldn't be seen by the outposts. They had shifts that were rotating every thirty minutes, so all she was waiting for was the perfect opportunity. Nenora and Mar-Vell's ship were not far from her. Ronan decided he was joining this battle, bringing his greatest warriors.

"Any news on the Super-Skrull?" Carol asked through the comms.

"It's been quiet in my corner. No movement." Ronan reported.

"Wait. I'm picking something up." Korath lifted his radar on front of him. There was a area with a high heat signature. "I think I see him."

"Do we have a position?" Mar-Vell anxiously asked.

"Armoury. Maybe he's moving towards the control room. But for now, he's staying stationary."

"That can be anyone, Korath. Don't keep your hopes up." Ronan said.

"But it has the highest heat signature in the entire ship." Korath argued. "Ask Mar-Vell. He's encountered him before."

"Actually Korath, he had one of the highest heat signatures. But notice a word. One." Mar-Vell said. "He always had a trooper who had the highest heat energy blast open the doors."

"That means, scan for rooms with a area which has a high amount of heat." Ronan added.

There was a moment of silence for everyone. Carol and Nenora were still watching the ship closely, observing the change in guards.

"Fourth highest, in the control room." Korath said.

"What did I tell you?" Ronan chuckled and started his engine. "We're about to hit jackpot."

The time they change the guard, a fleet of Skrull ships had also passed by, giving them a face-off against the Super-Skrull alone.

After a while of waiting, the guards changed which caught the eye of Carol immediately. She alerted everyone about it. They all went into their attack position and waited for two minutes. They knew that all the guards would go to the archive to lock in their observation.

"All right. They're all gone on this side." Carol reported.

"Wait." Ronan said, "Two guards haven't left. They haven't been told yet."

"Well, I'm not waiting. Nenora, Mar-Vell. Let's move."

Carol's side attacked the ship, shooting down the weaponry first to make their attack easier. Almost in an instant, multiple Skrulls were already shooting at them, like they knew they would attack. Nenora and Mar-Vell regrouped at a free wall, shooting it down. Carol noticed them and decided to help them out. She grabbed some energy of a blaster shot and released it into the war. It opened and everything was being sucked out.

"We need someone to cover it." Carol told Mar-Vell and Nenora.

"I'll cover it. Nenora, go with Carol." Mar-Vell said, keeping his promise. Nenora ditched the ship and flew into the ship. Mar-Vell covered it with ice and returned to battle.