Chapter 6: The Training

—Deep Space—

Ronan and his men arrived at the asteroid field where some parts of the rescue ship that Mar-Vell had was floating around. There were many ship parts that were floating around in space and some belonged to the Skrulls. The only thing they needed was the exact location where Mar-Vell flew to.

"Any signs?" Ronan asked and the pilot waved his head, "Is my army blind? Tell them to keep on searching. There must be a small piece of his ship lying around here."

"Or maybe you have his coordinates misplaced?" Nenora suggested.

"There are pieces of ships floating around, Nenora. Can't you see?"

"Ronan, this is the galaxy, darling. That could be anything."

"Well it's time to start believing these codes because I have three days to find Mar-Vell."

"And if you don't?" Nenora asked, finally standing up.

"I get banished by Supreme Intelligence." Ronan shrugged.

"Ouch. This must be really important to you, huh?" Nenora teased. "You don't want Morag taking your position, do you?"

A Kree soldier entered the captain's quarters without permission. Ronan was about to kill him but he had important news.

"Sir, we have found a small part of a escape pod that Captain Mar-Vell used. His logo was on the pieces." The Kree soldier reported.

"At least someone is helping." Ronan muttered and stood as a captain shortly, "Thank you, soldier. Your services are not required as of now. But please bring the piece inside."

"What are you going to do with the piece? You're going to stare at it just like your war planning?" Nenora joked.

"You do know you're not helping." Ronan pointed out.

"Am I not?" Nenora chuckled and took a seat once more, "I thought I was giving you some... motivation."

"So far your motivation has became a distraction."

One of the Kree co-pilots entered the room carrying a bag full of missing pieces.

"Show it to me!" Ronan demanded.

He laid the piece on front of Ronan and he inspected it. The colours of blue, red and yellow were all present. It was made out of hard metal. Lastly, it was a part of his engine.

"Maybe we can scan the engine to found out what course he took." Ronan said and threw it towards one of his soldiers, "I need something more specific than the Milky Way."

"Shall I send the news to the Supreme Intelligence?" Nenora asked.

"Not yet. We don't want to keep his hope up too high." Ronan said and walked towards the pilot, "Prepare a course towards the Milky Way at anytime. Once we find the planet he is on, we travel there immediately."

—California—

Carol was hovering beside Mar-Vell as he showed her the way to release energy from her hands. Once he had enough energy in him, Mar-Vell released it into the boxes that were on front of him. It turned into pieces once the energy landed onto the boxes.

"See?" Mar-Vell said while smiling.

"We've been practicing this for about a week now and it still hasn't changed." Carol chuckled as she fixed her hair.

"Just... focus on your surroundings. Get the energy from the things you see." Mar-Vell mentored.

"One last try? After this, we get into sparring, alright?"

"Sure. The faster you want your ass kicked the better." Mar-Vell chuckled.

"Oh please. The only time you won clean was three weeks ago. The rest of them were you just swiping my feet continuously."

"And you've been flying in all of them." Mar-Vell argued back.

"Never mind that." Carol shook her head and concentrated. Suddenly a spark of yellow appeared on her hands and it was spiking all around her. After a few moments, it disappeared. "At least it was longer than last time."

"A lot longer." Mar-Vell said.

The door opened behind him and the Director was walking towards the two of them. He had a jacket and a beanie like he always do.

"How is the protector of Earth doing?" The Director smiled at Carol when he said that.

"Progressing. She still hasn't mastered the biggest strength the Captain Marvel has to offer." Mar-Vell reported.

"Then keep on progressing. I want Danvers at her full potential." The Director said and remembered something, "Like you requested, Ms. Danvers, Coulson is making some of that steak you requested."

Mar-Vell looked at Carol confused, "It's 'cause he cooks the best steak I've ever had."

"Better than your mom's?" Mar-Vell asked.

"Way better."

"Instead of talking about steak, why won't you two start practicing? Get to it! Chop-chop!" The Director said and started walking out.

"Nice joke, Director!" Carol commented.

"Name's Fury." He said.

"Oh my god. Did he just..." Carol looked at Mar-Vell who was smiling as well, "He's name is Fury!"

A loud crash outside the facility was made and flames bursted out in the distance. It only took a few seconds until the alarm started going off and everyone was starting to evacuate. Mar-Vell and Carol decided to go outside and investigate it.

There was a giant crater with a large ship in the middle. The door started opening slowly, frame by frame. Some green looking aliens looked outside and saw Mar-Vell. They brought there radio out. More ships started landing near the beach and on the desert.

"What are they?" Carol asked, looking at them in a odd way.

"Skrulls!" Mar-Vell shouted as they started shooting at them.

Carol, who hasn't mastered energy power yet, flew into the air and started looking around for the ships. Mar-Vell made a small energy orb and shot it at the large ship, exploding it and all the Skrulls in it.

More Skrulls surrounded Mar-Vell and he panicked a little. Before he could get huddled on by a group of Skrulls, Carol came in, throwing large boulders at the Skrulls. She and Mar-Vell started kicking ass and the Skrulls decided to fall back.

"Where are they going?" Carol asked.

"There going to the city. Look!" Mar-Vell pointed at multiple ships landing towards the city, "They're trying to cause a distraction."

"Then we have to move. Let's go." Carol said and Mar-Vell grabbed her hand so he could be lifted up in the air when she flew.