Chapter 14: Captain Marvel

—Skrull Space Station—

Carol was forced by Nenora to move to the side and watch her fellow friends be decimated by the barrage of Skrull ships that just appeared. The window showed the fears of the Kree empire. Their men, being torn apart by Skrull forces. They stood no chance. Kree parts were floating around after being destroyed by the missiles sent by the Skrulls.

She had no clue whether the others are still alive. Kl'rt moved towards the communication center and started giving them orders.

"I want no Kree alive. After this, set up the ships. We're going to attack." Kl'rt commanded, turning his attention to Carol. "So you're Captain Marvel?"

"I'll cut to the chase, asshole. You let my friends go and you can kill me!" Carol shouted.

"There's just one problem with that dear," Kl'rt walked up to Carol and whispered into her ear, "I want you all dead."

Carol shoved Kl'rt with her face and turned to Nenora. "Think about them Nenora. Think about what you're doing."

"I never cared for them, Danvers. I was just a spy, and nothing more." Nenora smirked.

"No more options, Danvers." Kl'rt said. "The Kree will die, after your ignorant and lousy plan."

"It wasn't that lousy." Carol muttered.

Kl'rt looked outside before he grabbed his sword. The Kree were fighting but they were being blasted out of the skies. Kl'rt chuckled in amusement and grabbed his sword. He turned it into ice and walked over to Carol.

"This will certainly not kill you, but this will hurt a lot." Kl'rt smiled and placed it on Carol's neck. It turned into a flaming one and Carol was being hurt by the burns she was suffering.

Carol shouted in pain as the flame started to affect her brain. She couldn't think straight and she thought of passing out. Suddenly Ronan entered the room and struck Kl'rt with his hammer. Nenora moved away from Carol as Ronan started approaching her.

"Catch your breath." Ronan said, tapping her shoulder. "Move away!"

Carol sat there, holding her neck so she could get all the air she needed. Kl'rt stood up and turned himself into ice and fire. His shield was made out of ice while his whip was on fire. Once Carol gained back her senses, she focused herself on Kl'rt.

"You will pay for what you did to the Supreme- what's the name again?" Carol asked Ronan.

"Intelligence. The Supreme Intelligence!" Ronan answered, keeping Nenora away.

"Kill? I never killed him. We injured him to make a statement." Kl'rt confusingly said.

"Wait what?" Carol asked.

Kl'rt took this opportunity and struck Carol with his whip. It flung her back to the end of the control room. Ronan focused on Nenora and moved her back inside the room.

"Whatever you did to the Kree, this is your punishment." Carol said, placing her fists up in a defensive position.

"Punishment?" Kl'rt chuckled, "For all the things I've done, you would have to kill me for it."

Kl'rt swung with his whip but missed Carol who ducked out of the way. She grabbed energy from the control buttons and blasted it on him. He lifted his shield which consumed all the energy she fired.

Once he deflected all the energy, he ran at her with a hand of ice. He bounced her of the wall and knocked her off her feet. Carol got up quickly and rushed towards him. He swung his large ice hands around her but it all missed. She kicked one of his legs which knocked him down to one leg. Coming from behind, she grabbed some energy and released it on a powerful blow on his head. Kl'rt got knocked towards and onto the wall.

"Not so tough now, asshole?" Carol asked a tired Kl'rt.

"I'm not done. I can still..." Kl'rt paused and panted for a little, "fight you. I can prove I'm better."

"Just stop, Super-Skrull. I don't want to hurt you."

"And why is that?" Kl'rt smiled.

"Do not push me." Carol said.

"Kill him now, Danvers. The Kree are being blasted outside." Ronan called from far away.

"I'm just going to ask you a simple question, Super-Skrull. Can you please make your forces stand down?" Carol asked politely.

"I will. Once you kill me." Kl'rt smirked and turned his whole body into flames.

"No choice." Carol muttered.

Carol flew towards him and pushed him into the wall. She made sure he couldn't move. His hands were stuck to the metal beams. Carol started punching him furiously until he was bleeding profusely.

"Don't you think you had... enough?!" Carol asked as she placed her hands on the wall so she could rest.

"I will have enough once I'm dead!" Kl'rt kicked Carol over the side controls and into the glass. The collision was so hard that the glass was about to shatter.

"I don't want to hurt you, Super-Skrull."

"Kill me, Danvers! Do what you must. Do what's right for the Kree kind." Kl'rt begged.

"Shut up!" Carol kneeled down and started shooting energy beams at Kl'rt as he slowly moved towards her in his ice form. She was struggling with the amount of weight he was in.  She didn't want to hurt him because she was basically destroying a whole entire race.

"Danvers! Kill him! We need to end this. Now!" Ronan shouted from the other side.

Suddenly Mar-Vell entered the room and shot a energy beam at Kl'rt. He got knocked into the controls and started getting shocked. Korath followed behind Mar-Vell and everyone was in the room.

"What took you so long?" Mar-Vell asked.

"She didn't want to kill him." Ronan said as he moved Nenora around like a hostage.

"Carol. He's the bad guy. He's trying to kill the Kree empire."

"But if you were him." Carol pointed at Kl'rt who was still moving from the shock, "He believes he's doing the right thing. And you're doing the wrong thing."

"I can imagine that." Mar-Vell faintly said.

"Wait a minute. You killed the Supreme Intelligence so I could buy into your side, didn't you?" Carol asked.

Mar-Vell stood there in silence. Ronan and Korath were not aware of the plan that he made. Mar-Vell nodded a little and everyone in the room had a different change in their mood. Korath felt confused why would Mar-Vell would do such thing. Ronan felt betrayed because one of his best friends killed their own president which violated the rules. But Carol felt relieved that she protected the galaxy and not the Kree empire.

"You have to think about the galaxy, Mar-Vell. Not yourself?" Carol angrily stated to Mar-Vell before running towards the exit.

"Carol. Where are you going?!" Ronan shouted at Carol.

"I'm stopping the last step to the plan."

"The last step was killing the Super-Skrull." Korath told her.

"No. Mar-Vell's version was sending a missile towards the Skrull empire."

"A what?!"