Chapter 11: Back Attack

—Hala—

Carol and Nenora entered the main hall of Hala's capital. Mar-Vell and Korath were wandering around the large hall, placing flowers around.

"What happened here?" Carol asked, moving around the broken glass from the ceiling.

"They killed the Supreme Intelligence. He's basically the president in your country." Mar-Vell said. "Korath and I are placing flowers for his funeral."

"So when the Supreme Intelligence dies, you swear in oath to hold a funeral immediately?"

"It signifies dark times. It will take years until we can get another Supreme Intelligence."

"And what number did this recent Supreme Intelligence come in?"

"He was the eleventh. He almost lasted the longest but the Skrulls killed another Supreme Intelligence."

"Look, I'm not sure with you guys, but I'm not having this funeral until the Skrulls get what they deserve." Carol tried to prove something, "I tried to be a detective when I was young. I might be able to use that information right now."

Carol started to hover around the city hall, inspecting every corner of it. Nenora joined them in placing flowers for the Supreme Intelligence. Once they were done with the flowers, they noticed that Carol wasn't done.

"Danvers, you're wasting your time. You won't achieve anything in that." Nenora said.

"Just give me a minute. I'm almost done collecting the clues."

"May I ask, how long has it been since you studied this, um..." Korath looked at Nenora and Mar-Vell. "detectiving!"

"You mean studying to be a detective?" Carol corrected.

"Something along those lines."

"Well... it's been 12 years since but..." Carol was stopped by Nenora.

"12 years! 12 ye- do you know how long it has been, Carol?" Nenora asked.

"But I could remember it like it was... yesterday." Carol got back to ground level. "So I noticed the big crash in the ceiling and the amount of debris here. This is your most secure capital, right?"

"In fact, it is." Mar-Vell said.

"Then they needed to act as quickly as they can. So they decided to dive-bomb the roof with ships. You would expect them to shoot at it but never crash it." Carol said, "Now for the weapons."

"How did you know they had a lot of weapons?" Korath asked.

"I haven't said anything, Korath. I just said for the weapons."

"Oh, must have slipped up. Please, continue."

"As I was saying, they have a whole building just for loadouts. I noticed a lot of blaster marks on the wall which meant they had heavy firing weapons. They used it to take out the guards, in one shot."

"Kl'rt has the most advanced army in the universe, eh?" Korath said.

"Who's Kl'rt?"

"The most ruthless bastard I've ever seen." Ronan answered, entering the room. "He will do anything in his power to conquer and destroy the Kree. And I'm doing everything in my power to avoid that."

"What did you command. You always say that when you just made a bold command." Nenora said.

"I placed the funeral on hold. So far, the public doesn't know that Supreme Intelligence died. We will only release the news once we take out Kl'rt."

"I'm in. That's the reason I'm here. To take out bad guys like..." Carol suddenly stopped.

"Kl'rt." Mar-Vell continued, "You can call him a Super-Skrull."

"So, where will we attack, Accuser?" Nenora asked.

"Well, to answer your question, get in your Starforce uniform and get ready. We're gonna hit the space station." Ronan said.

"What's special about the Space Station?" Carol asked, about to exit the hall.

"Because that, my friend, is where a star is located."

—Space Station—

The star reflected heavy lights into the station, which didn't bother any of the employees. Kl'rt was staring directly at it. He once said that he would watch the star for hours, because if he couldn't withstand the heat, then he couldn't withstand his enemies. Which is true at some points but not all. Ch'rith, his lieutenant, walked into the room with information for him.

"Ch'rith, good to see you." Kl'rt shook his hand, "What news do you have for me?"

"It's about the plans on the attack of Hala. Remember we were planning to attack the main armoury city of the planet? Well it was derailed when they tripled security." Ch'rith sadly said, "In fact, all the cities have tripled their security."

"Have you informed the spy about this?"

"Yes, the spy knows what they are doing. I'm pretty sure they could tell us what they are planning next."

"Give me news about any pending attacks that could be validated. We need to weaken Hala."

"On it, sir."

—Earth—

Fury was sitting on his desk, looking at files of Carol. He was still fascinated with the abilities that could be granted upon a human. It all happened due to one incident. He started checking through the old files that were given to him when he started working.

He grabbed a file from World War 2. It was from Brooklyn and it reported about Steve Rogers, the first Super-Soldier. He was actually experimented on before he became the Super-Soldier. He didn't have enough time to check on it because Coulson entered the room.

"I've got slight news on Danvers, sir." Coulson said.

"Just spill it out." Fury said.

"According to sources on the ship that they used, they have successfully arrived at the Kree planet." Coulson smiled, "She's alive."

"Good to know." Fury nodded and Coulson was about to leave. "Wait! Coulson I need to request you something."

"What is it Sir?"

"I've been reading files and... what if Carol never makes it back. It will leave Earth defenseless."

"You're suggesting defenders, sir?"

"I am. Can you please read into Norman Osborn and Stephen Strange. Seems like they are smart students right now. And also the son of Howard Stark, even though he might be like his father; arrogant."

"And?"

"Steve Rogers. I want you to fish him out of the depths of Earth. Even if it means using all our resources."

"What name shall I place it under."

"The Avengers Initiative." Fury chuckled, "That will be all."