Chapter 9: Hala

—California—

Carol was ready to go, a whole space ship was right on front of her and it was a lot to take in. They waited for two days until Korath the Pursuer arrived, having a ship himself. Fury was hesitant to let Danvers go but if she did solve the war, she could still go home.

Ronan called Carol from the cockpit with a microphone. Carol responded by bringing a bag full of clothes and some photos. Fury was waiting on the landing bay.

"Does my mother know about this?" Carol asked Fury.

"Since she's still in Texas, I'm assuming no." Fury said, wearing sunglasses.

"Good. I might not be back for a while." Carol exhaled heavily, "Coulson's taking care of my house, right?"

"Yes he is. He promised that he was going to pay rent for the next few months."

"Tell him I'll repay the money I owe him." Carol smiled. "He's lucky to have you."

"Actually, I'm lucky to have him. He's my best man." Fury said. "Anyone else you want to say goodbye to?"

"Um... I'm pretty sure I said goodbye to everyone. I mean, I'll be gone for just a few months."

"It's still a few months." Fury said but Ronan called Carol again, "Looks like they need you."

"Oh, I almost forgot." Carol chuckled and brought a pager out of her bag, "If you need to call me."

"Won't you lose signal when you reach space?" Fury asked.

"Got it from your lab. They say it works." Carol smirked and walked towards the ship, "Just like you said, only a few months."

The landing pad closed and Starforce started to lift off into space. As Fury watched the large ship face towards the sky, Coulson arrived and stood behind him, admiring advanced technology.

"Won't you miss her?" Coulson asked, still watching the space launch.

"She'll come back. She just has some business to attend to." Fury said. "She's a good woman. With the right mindset, she could do anything."

The ship finally set out to space and used light speed to travel. Inside the ship, Carol sat beside Nenora as they flew across the corners of space.

"You never went to space before?" Nenora asked, looking at Carol who was holding onto her chair tightly.

"I tried to about a week ago. I almost lost my breath." Carol faintly said since she was seeing bright lights due to the speed.

"Well you're gonna need all the breath you have because we're going deep space, hon." Nenora said.

"Thanks for the reminder." Carol breathed heavily as they finally stopped. They started to fly slowly through an asteroid field.

Mar-Vell went outside the cockpit with a jar. It had different colors in it and he gave it to Carol.

"What is this?" Carol asked, starting to relax.

"This is Kree food. I promise you, this tastes good." Mar-Vell assured.

Carol took it and tested it with the spoon on it. It tasted awful and she spat it out quickly.

"I am never eating Kree food again."

"Is that my favourite flavour?" Nenora asked Mar-Vell. He handed her the jar and she ate it. "I'm never taking this food for granted ever again."

"Carol, you'll have nothing to eat once we reach Hala." Mar-Vell told her after her statement.

"I'll take my chances of not eating." Carol said, "I rather take on a whole alien army than eat that."

"You may regret that very soon." Korath chuckled as he entered the room. "I fought a dozens of ships in the same time. Let me tell you, it wasn't very fun."

"Come on. I'm Captain Marvel. I'm invincible against those guys."

"Have you heard that they can shape-shift into anyone?"

"Shape-shift."

"The youngling doesn't know." Korath laughed, "Shape-shifting means copying the appearance of another person."

"They can do that?"

"After the attack on Earth, the population grew slightly."

"Of course. Everyone keeps on... fondling."

"You mean having intercourse." Mar-Vell restated. Carol looked embarrassed. "We're all grown-ups here Carol."

"What I meant was that the area that the Skrulls attacked, its population grew by just a little. There could be signs of Skrulls but of course it could be..." Korath pointed at Carol, "fondling."

"If only I could throw a moon?" Carol muttered.

"Throw a what?" Nenora asked.

"Nothing! Totally nothing." Carol chuckled sarcastically, "I was talking about how bad the food in the jar is."

"I know right." Korath added.

"She meant the other jar." Mar-Vell whispered.

"I retract that statement."

"Statement not retracted." Carol smiled.

"Now this is getting interesting." Nenora grinned and sat up straight.

"And why is that, Ms. Danvers?"

"Didn't know you would know my full name. Thought you would be busy fighting a dozen ships at the same time." Carol sarcastically copied Korath.

"How dare you insult me."

"You know Korath's pissed when he says dare." Mar-Vell whispered to Nenora.

"Kind of cringe." Nenora said.

"What's cringe?" Mar-Vell asked, confused.

"So you stayed on Earth for more than one month and you don't know what cringe is?"

"Yeah."

"You are officially a dumbass." Nenora shook her head in disappointment.

"Hey!" Ronan shouted.

The rest of the people were surprised by the sudden appearance of Ronan. He was standing there with his hammer, black robe and ready to fight.

"We have a situation." Ronan called the others to join him.

When they reached the cockpit, they were looking at the sight of Hala. There was a large black spot on one of the capitals. It was the main one where the Supreme Intelligence resides.

"What are we doing? We have to protect the Supreme Intelligence." Mar-Vell asked.

"The Supreme Intelligence can burn in Hel! We don't need him. We need a new leader. Like Captain Marvel." Ronan said.

"Didn't know you would compliment me this far into our relationship." Carol said.

"I said Mar-Vell!" Ronan shouted at Carol.

"Still waiting on that moon." Carol whispered.

"If you're not going to help the Supreme Intelligence, then I will. Team..." Mar-Vell fathered everyone on the table, "this is the game plan."