C h a p t e r 4 : The First Time

Elijah

I am never the one to believe in a magical fantasy, that could affect people and take them down too, silly things like evil witches or even teleportation, time travels, or machine that comes with a reliable source of power and energy.

What has life brought to me? A fucking movie?

But things are getting out of hand as secrets unfold, piece by piece, and I am surprised my sanity is still intact within me.

"You need to tell them the truth, I know it will sound crazy, but this is our only chance, Elijah." Oliver said over the phone.

"On it." I sighed and ended the call.

My head perks up, staring at the chaos, everyone is afraid of unsure things, and they are moving out of the cafeteria.

Truth hurts.

If you came from a privileged background, you would relate to my life, sort of.

Or not.

I am aware of the standards that my family proudly carries through our generation, and most importantly our infamous line which is Clarks Media Industry.

But I, as the son, was forced to embrace the fact that my family's reputation was everything, hence creating unwanted enemies that piled up with enviness, and dangerous secrets along the way.

But I do not want to be a part of any of that, at all.

So as normal as I intend to be, I try to live like other people, without having to constantly revolve myself around anything that will get me into the spotlight.

Well, I will get more into that later.

18 hours earlier - before the evacuation

When was the last time your restless mind finally drowned in its own darkness?

When was the last time you give yourself too much sometimes and sense the ownership in knowing, that parts of you aren't there but underneath an unrequited feeling?

Sucks, doesn't it?

When was the last time, feelings and emotions had conquered every part of your body cells, then you realised you should and be able to move forward or at least pretend to, again, and again.

Until you pick yourself up with some faith and bring that acceptance within you.

Faith comes from a noble heart.

It will take a lot of practice and learning for you to be strong as you are, cause faith cannot be inherited.

And this is the first time, faith has ever brought upon me.

"Earth to Eli!" A voice snapped.

Standing in front of me is Chase, looking annoyed as usual but every time I just nod. "What's up?"

"The ceiling." And of course, his lame jokes do not seem to faze me anymore.

"I was talking to you." He said, giving me his iconic look. "Reg invited us to spend time together with those two new chicks."

"And what did you say?"

"I said yes."

Typical Chase. "Nope!" I shake my head, simply disagreeing.

"Dude... you know why I'm not staying in when you had to do your work."

I rolled my eyes. "Look, there is nothing wrong with that so-called Goldilocks, I'm on it remember? Plus Fletch is there to accompany you with your little slumber party."