1.

"The Blood Ring"

.

by

smartmouths

.

INT.  FACTORY - NIGHT.

The sound of gears moving is all that is heard inside of the large factory located in the middle of West Virginia. It's approximately 11:20 at night and employees are scattering around trying to get as much work done as possible before closing hours approach.

THE BOSS stands upstairs of the building watching over the employees then at the wall clock. His phone rings from his desk inside his office. He goes to answer the incoming call from his WIFE.

They are deep into their intense conversation over the phone. Employees are busy downstairs working. Loud screams echo throughout the building gaining everyone's attention as they all look over to the blood splattered area where an employee by the name of LINDA TOWNS is limped over one of the machines with her blood seeping down the conveyor belt leading to the hi-tech phones that are being created.

.

FADE IN:
INT. HIGHSCHOOL - MORNING.

The ringing of the school bell startles young TRINITY WALKER (17) causing her to rise quickly from the toilet inside of the bathroom stall of Overridge High. Her phone slips from the pocket of her jeans right as she is standing and splashes into the toilet bowl water.

TRINITY WALKER:
(disgusted)
Give me a break!

She retrieves the phone from the toilet with the use of tissue and a pencil then hurries out of the bathroom after washing her hands and gawking at her reflection. TRINITY meets up with her friends outside of the school building, AMY PRICE and BREE SMITH. She proceeds to show them the phone as they gather in Amy's expensive new car.

BREE:
Well, it's definitely broken.

TRINITY:
I know!! My poor baby.

AMY:
(laughs)
It's about time you upgraded from that old thing anyway.

BREE:
(nodding)
Agreed!

AMY:
It takes blurry pictures and sounds like you're speaking from a walkie-talkie.

BREE:
Yeah, and it's hella small like hello no ones in Overridge is walking around with those things anymore, and to be quite frank I'm somewhat embarrassed to be around you when you have that thing, I would call it a social suicide but it's something worst.

AMY:
(flaunts her newly released phone)
Hell! Anybody not walking around with one of these might as well commit suicide.

BREE:
(shocked)
No way Amsie! How did you get that? 

AMY:
I had daddy pull a few strings for me.

BREE:
Which daddy?

AMY:
(blushing)
It's confidential.

TRINITY sulks in the backseat while listening to her friends speak. She decides to go right home instead of over to the mall with them. Her mom SHANICE WALKER is all dressed up and pacing the kitchen as TRINITY walks in eyeing her and getting an earful of the conversation she's having over the phone.