2.

.

EXT. TRUCK - MORNING.

A FedEx truck drags down the busy streets just after delivering the last of the hi-tech phones from the factory that Linda Towns fell to her death. The driver watches the vehicles move by in a rushing manner he releases his tight hold on the steering wheel as the sudden movement knocks the Einstein bobble head on his dashboard down as he reaches down to pick it up a cement truck comes from out of nowhere slamming into the FedEx truck instantly killing the driver as his blood splashes onto the right window and the truck slides in the middle of the street causing a huge commotion.

INT. THE WALKERS HOME.

TRINITY:
(gasps)
It finally came!!

SHANICE:
What finally came?

Trinity hides the box behind her back and moves towards the upstairs.

TRINITY:
Oh! Nothing just the mail, you know? Bills as usual.

Shanice stares in confusion as her eldest daughter races upstairs. Trinity rips open the box when she gets to her bedroom after locking the door. Inside, a hi-tech model phone laid in Styrofoam, she continues unpacking the box then clicks on the phone which asked for her information. She typed everything in including the numbers to her closes friends and other acquaintances. She decides to prank call her boyfriend MALIK WATSON from her new number after.  

TRINITY:
(over the phone)
Is your refrigerator running, sir?

Malik answers and instantly recognizes the voice on the other end. She laughs, and they plan a date at a nearby restaurant. Trinity leaves the phone on her nightstand before going to shower for her date tonight. She leaves the room for the bathroom as the phone screen turns back on and a random number is selected from her contact list. The person who the number belongs to picks up the call then laughs after assuming it was a prank call, so they hang up. 

That person is LORENZO REED who was in the middle of rolling a blunt in his stuffy bedroom. The ringing noise returns as he puffs on the blunt then checks his phone but there's no one calling. The ringing gets louder as he stands covering his ears as the noise grew louder and louder. He stumbles over to his bedroom window before jumping out and fracturing a few bones on his way down to the pavement including his neck but at last the noise is gone.

Trinity meets up with Malik at a burger restaurant, he greets her with a kiss, and they have a seat near a window. 

MALIK:
You look stunning.

TRINITY:
Let's take a selfie?

They pose for a picture together as the waitress comes by asking for their order. They both guess each other order correctly as the waitress looks on annoyed at the lovey-dovey pair. Trinity adds the picture to her social media page with a caption about her new number. The waitress walks away after getting their orders.

MALIK:
You got a new phone?

TRINITY:
Yep! Isn't she beautiful?

MALIK:
Uh.

TRINITY:
I'm joking but yeah it's about time that I upgraded.

MALIK:
I kinda liked your old phone, it was the last of a dying breed.

TRINITY:
(laughs)
Well, after today its extinct.

MALIK:
Speaking of extinct, why haven't you been showing up to any of my games? I could use the extra support.

Trinity comes up with a lie as the waitress comes back around and sits their plates of food onto the table. The restaurant is crowding up from elders to crying toddlers.

WAITRESS:
They'll be $30.50

MALIK:
(checks wallet)
Here you go.

WAITRESS:
(puts money in her bra)
Anything else?

TRINITY:
No, that will be all.

Waitress rolls her eyes before walking off.

MALIK:
She was nice!

TRINITY:
Yeah, if today was opposite day she'd be Mother Teresa.

MALIK:
You still didn't answer my question.

TRINITY:
I've just been really busy lately, I have no time for anything including myself.

Trinity lied she hated going to Malik's football games because she hated seeing the cheerleader SIENNA MARIE flirting with her boyfriend and him acting oblivious to it since Sienna was his childhood friend. They sat there eating but not before Trinity snaps a few pictures of her plate of food like so many others in the restaurant that night.

MALIK:
No way.

TRINITY:
What? Is there something in my teeth?

MALIK:
Lorenzo, tried to commit suicide.

TRINITY:
Lorenzo? Reed?? No way that dude is like the poster child for happiness.

MALIK:
It could all have been a facade I mean he did get kicked from the team for having weed on him.

TRINITY:
Okay! But attempting suicide because you got kicked off the football team is a little extreme.

MALIK:
Be more sympathetic.

TRINITY:
Whatever! All I know is if you ever think about doing something stupid like that you won't have to worry about suicide because I'll do it for you.

MALIK:
Ouch!

TRINITY:
So how did he try doing it? Pills, rope, slit wri—

MALIK:
He jumped out of his bedroom window.

TRINITY:
I always thought he'd be more of a rope type of guy.

MALIK:
Its called sympathy you should try it on.

TRINITY:
(laughs)
My bad babe if you want a crying shoulder I'm here.

Malik laughs along to her joke. Everyone knew Lorenzo as a big bully which is what made him so popular at Overridge High. Text messages started popping up about Lorenzo. #Pray4Reedster was trending in their area.

Nobody suspected that this was only the beginning of what's to come especially not young Trinity Walker.

Malik drove her home, and they share a kiss before she went inside. She slyly moved by her parents who were in the living room enjoying a movie and went upstairs to sleep while she did the haunted phone was selecting another number from her contact list.

This one would hit close to home.

.

.

A/N:  Please don't forget to vote. comment. and add this spooky story to your library and reading lists.