Chapter 16 - ❝Let Me Remind You, Angier. You. Have. A. Soulmate.❞

DEDICATED TO Anacardaceae :) (ONE OF MY OLDEST READERS!)

DEDICATED TO  Anacardaceae :) (ONE OF MY OLDEST READERS!)

Which cover? Select please! I'm damn confused now!

~

Chapter 16 - Let Me Remind You, Angier. You. Have. A. Soulmate.

What the freaking fuck? was her first thought.

Tatum's hands grasped blindly at something as held onto his shoulders, and she opened her mouth to voice exactly just that.

Only, she didn't get to—because the moment her lips parted, his tongue was right there, sweeping into her open mouth with a fervor that made her feel as if molten lava was flowing into her as his hands came up and tangled themselves in her hair, tugging gently as he coaxed her still lips to respond.

And respond, she did.

All rational thoughts flew out of her brain. Instinct and need took over, and she was like a wanton version of herself who operated without heed to their consequences.

It was tentative at first, a new experience that she had to get her bearings around because no matter how many times she'd seen it on TV, movies, real life and all around her, she could safely agree that none of it amounted to the real thing. For a moment, it felt almost strange, this intimate touch of lips, but when his tongue brushed against hers for the second time in a luscious stroke that sent fire igniting all over her insides and left her craving for more, she decided this was her new favorite thing.

It was definitely as awesome as they were cracking it up to be.

She tried to reciprocate with gentle movements that she copied from his experienced mouth, and soon, she was getting the hang of it—getting really into it. She slowly, hesitantly ran her hands up his strong neck and let her fingers weave themselves in-between lustrous blond hair that felt like the softest of hand-crafted silk. She gave a soft tug, emboldened by this rampant desire that he'd ignited within her as she nipped at his lower lip gently, making him let out a groan in a voice that was so low and gravely that it reminded her immediately of the night when he'd claimed his Mate for the first time in that basement.

Francesca Blythe.

It was like a bucket of ice-cold water had been dumped on her.

"Fuck!" Tatum dropped her hands from his hair like she'd touched a live-wire, jumping back like he was on fire as she muttered under her breath, "If I hadn't kissed you back like a thirsty nymph, my fist would've had an intimate conversation with your nose."