Chapter 18 - ❝My Love Life Is One Huge Sob Story.❞

DEDICATED TO letmein33 :)

~

Chapter 18 - "My Love Life Is One Huge Sob Story."

"Babe!" Francesca cried the moment Tatum and Angier reached their little group in the audience, grabbing Angier's tee by the neck and planting a kiss on his lips long enough to convey very clearly what she meant by it.

He's mine. Back off.

Tatum ignored the pang in her chest as the harsh reality sank in. As long as they were on that stage, the characters and the poetic lines and even the dummy props they used for the time being—all of them were very successful in helping Tatum lose herself in the romantic and magical fake-world. For those fleeting minutes, despite her inner turmoil and worries about self-preservation, the world had seemed almost perfect.

"Ahem," Seneca cleared her throat, grabbing her attention. Tatum immediately went red at the quick glare she shot her, and she pleaded with her eyes to Seneca to not bring it up then. Seneca gave her a dubious look, but complied nonetheless.

Thank Goddess.

"Great performance, today. If your first time rehearsing a scene was so good, I can't even imagine how the final play will turn out," Micajah, ever the peacemaker, grinned as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and squeezed her slightly.

"Thank you." Tatum smiled.

"You're welcome. And, uh, I meant that for you too, Angier." Micajah said awkwardly as he looked away, and that finally made the kissing couple pull apart. Angier seemed confused for a second as he glanced at the three people staring at him, and then he flushed slightly, "Oh. Thanks, man."

"You're welcome, too." Micajah smiled again, then turned back to me with a questioning look, "So you told me you'll help me with that Insurance company balance Sheet. You free, now?"

Um, what? Which balance sheet?

Oh. "Uh, yeah. Sure. I can swing by your room. I'm sure Francesca can drop Angier off," Tatum shrugged, turning to look at Angier and his Mate for confirmation.

"Yeah, sure," Francesca answered, smiling excitedly and looking at Angier expectantly.

The guy in question seemed conflicted for a second, and then his features spread into a knowing smirk, "Or, for once I can join you guys without missing all the fun. I'm sure Fran wants to, too. Right, babe?"

"Uh," Francesca raised her dark blonde eyebrows meaningfully at Angier, shaking her head slightly.

Angier rolled his blue-green eyes, "Fine. It doesn't matter if she's not in. I'm in, though."

"Erm," Seneca interrupted, looking at him awkwardly, "Don't you have work to do at home, though?"

"Nope." Angier shrugged, grinning widely now. "I really wanna hang out with you guys. Feels like it's been forever."

Tatum didn't miss Francesca's subtle eye-roll masked under the guise of glancing at the ceiling, "You sure?"

"Yeah, you guys go ahead, I'll walk Fran to her car and be back."

Crap, Tatum thought, following behind the Mordecai couple meekly as they left—knowing full well that Angier's Mate must be glaring at her now.

~

"You better hurry the fuck up and explain." Seneca growled the moment they stepped out of the auditorium, and that made Tatum gulp nervously, "Um—okay. Yeah. We—uh, we—"