Chapter 20 - ❝A Choice.❞

We've entered the "What's Hot" ranking in Werewolf! YES! It's only #341 but I'M SUPER EXCITED!

LOVE YOU, MY POTATOES! <3

YOU MADE MY DAY! SO HERE'S A GIFT! TWO CHAPTERS AGAIN! :)

~

DEDICATED TO IsMeIthink :)

~ * ~

Chapter 20 - A Choice.

The sob that broke the silence chilled Angier's heart.

His head whipped to the side as his eyes scanned the direction from which the sound had come from. He already knew who it was, though. He was way too familiar with that cry of despair; way more than he'd have ever like to be. He knew it was his anguished best friend, the very best friend who had somehow overheard his argument and it all was because of his own damn stupidity, because fuck, he shouldn't have been careless enough to talk about this in public.

But Francesca sometimes made things so damned hard.

He spotted Tatum standing frozen behind a huge SUV, one of the very few cars still left in the lot, and felt his heart lurch at the sight of her tear-streaked face.

No, she couldn't cry. Not because of him.

"Tatum!" He called as he charged towards her, but felt lean, bony fingers wrap around his biceps in a surprisingly strong grip that reminded him of the powerful blood running in his Mate's veins.

He could've very well tried to rip his arm away but knew that it would only make things a hundred times worse than they already were. He had to make his deranged Mate see some reason because fuck, there was a crying girl who was assuming the worst and it was all his responsibility, "For fuck's sake, Francesca, she's upset! I have to go and make sure she's alright!"

Hurried footfalls drew his attention back to Tatum, and he twisted around to notice that she was now no longer trying to stay hidden, but instead, running away in the direction she'd come from.

Fuck, no, Tate. Please, stop hurting. Please.

"Should I take that as the choice you're making, then?" Francesca arched one neatly-shaped brow, her sharp fingernails digging into the sinewy muscles in his triceps, "Because let me tell you one thing, Angier. I am not bluffing. The choice you make now will permanently break us."

Angier's Wolf let out a howl of pain at the insinuation, and he had to tamp down the urge to either beg or force the animal to shut up. He had enough on his plate with his conflicting human emotions as it was. He really didn't need to add his Wolf constant barrage to pick his Mate's side to it, too.