Chapter 4

Important Author's note at the bottom! Please read!!!---

A couple people from school started showing up, including Alex, my ex. We were constantly fighting, he pushed me around I didnt want to deal with it anymore, so I dropped him.

"Hey Maddi! How 'ave you been?" He said. I cringed at the sound of my name on his voice.

"Good. And you?" I smiled politely back at him, looking around for Harry.

"I've been better. But all in good time, I'll be fine."

"Well, that's great to hear." I said, spotting Harry by the door with Ti and Niall.

"Yeah. Hey, I was wondering if you would like to try again?" He said.

"Umm, what?" I said, standing up to go with Harry.

"You know, if you want to try us again. I got two tickets to go see a movie this weekend, I was hoping you and I could start dating again." He told me. Was he being serious? I tried to not show my surprise of my face and pressed my lips into a thin line.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I already have a boyfriend." I told him. I turned to look back at Harry, but he was already making his way over to us.

"Who?" He asked, following my gaze.

"Babe, Do you know where Louis went?" Harry asked me. He walked over to me and put his arm around my waist. I glanced over at Alex, who looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"No, but I could call... Never mind... He broke my phone." I said. Harry laughed and kissed the top of my head.

"It's ok. Im gonna go find him." He said. He looked at Alex, who was still pale as a vampire. "Hi." He said quickly. Alex raised his hand a little and motioned towards Harry.

"Hey..." He said, quietly, almost as if it hurt him. Harry walked away from us and into the house.

"It's Harry..." I said, my voice trailing off.

"You're dating that?" He said. I was instantly angered.

"What do you mean 'that'?" I said.

"I mean, That! He's ugly, and rude, and he thinks he can get any girl he wants."

"He is not ugly. He is DEFINITELY not rude. And he probably could get any girl. But It doesn't bother me. He has no reason to cheat on me. He would never do that to me. Unlike some people." I said. I turned and walked away. I could still hear him yelling at me when I got into the house. I ran upstairs and went to ''my room''. Liam had taken one of the spare rooms and we decorated it for me. It was a big house, so each of the guys and I had a room there. I got to my room and slammed the door.

"Why does he have to follow me around!? Can't he take a hint and just leave me alone?" I said out loud. I flopped on to the queen sized bed and put my face in the down pillow. Liam said I wasn't allowed to have cheap things while staying at his house, so I didn't argue with him.

"Because he still loves you." Someone said. I raised my head from the pillow and looked around. Sure enough, there was someone sitting in the bean bag chair by the window. I squinted my eyes to see who it was in the dim light. They stood up and walked over to the light switch. As soon as he did, I recognized his face.

"Jason, why are you in my room!?" I yelled. Jason was my best friend, until he tried to attack my dad. He went after me when I tried to stop him.

"I was just looking around, don't worry." He said with a smile that make me shiver.

"What do you guys want from me?"

Alex wants you back. But as I can tell, you have that Harry boy to protect you now."

"He's not here to protect me." I spat at him.

"Tell yourself what you wish. But I know the truth. You need him to save you daily. With out him, You would probably be back with that abusing, worthless ex-boyfriend of yours."

"If you think so lowly of him, then why are you trying to help him?"

"Oh, I'm not helping him. I'm helping myself. If you and Harry ever break up, I'm taking you. I will control your every move. You will do whatever I want, with no complaints."

"I will never be your slave."

"Oh, yes you will." Jason said. He walked towards me. "You will do anything and everything I ask of you. Starting now." He had reached the foot of the bed and was starting to climb onto it.

"HARRY! HELP ME!" I yelled. I reached under my bed and grabbed the small hand gun I had put there. Aiming it at him, I tried to wipe the scared expression off of my face.

"You wouldn't. You can't shoot me. You don't have the guts to do it." He said.

"Try me." I threw back at him. He went to jump at me, and I shot his shoulder. He cried out and fell back onto the ground. I screamed.

"MADISON! WHAT"S GOING ON!?" Harry yelled. He ran through my bedroom door and gasped.

"You'll pay for this, Madison." Jason said. I yelped and aimed the gun at him again. Harry ran around to me and put his arms around me. He took the gun from my hand and lowered it. I collapsed against his chest, looking at my wide open door. Niall and Liam and Tally were standing at it, trying to keep the people out. I heard sirens a couple blocks away and silently thanked who ever called.

"Maddi, its ok. Everything will be ok." He kept saying over and over. I think it was more for him, than it was for me. But I didn't care. It was helping both of us at the time being. The next couple hours went by in a blur. People shouting, cops asking questions, Harry breaking down, Jason being arrested. Eventually I snuck into Niall's room and fell into a fitful sleep.

--------I changed Taylor to Madison. Its the same character, just with a different name. I will go through the other chapters and fix them ASAP. Thanks for reading this guys. I'm not all that well on "regular updates" so I appologize to everyone. Especially Love_ink! This story was made just for us and I didn't keep up on the updates. I will try harder to update more often. Thanks again guys! I love you all!!!--------