Hide and Seek Gone Wrong

"Shouto, where are we going again?" I asked, yawning as I leaned on him. We were on the school bus, the same bus we rode when we last went to USJ.
"I'm not sure," sighed Shouto, leaning against the window of the bus. Before we left school, we were told to get changed into our hero costumes again. Probably for another exercise but I couldn't recall where we were going. Me and Shouto sat in the same places, while Bakugou sat in front of us. Ever since the gym, I couldn't help but be nervous or shy around him, even though I could easily hide it. Our interactions with each other at school were low as we simply had been doing school work and not much training. All I could feel when I looked at him was my heart beating fast and the sensations of his lips against mine. I didn't dare tell anyone, not even Shouto, of what happened, and I didn't plan on telling anyone anytime soon.
The bus came to a stop. A familiar one. When we got out, we stood in front of the building that had basically trapped us. USJ. A little nervous, the class walked inside.
"Well, that happened, but class is class," spoke a radio-like voice. Thirteen stood in the spot where we first met him. He seemed like his old self. "So, let's begin the rescue training." He spoke like nothing had ever happened.
"Can you really move, Thirteen Sensei?" asked a worried Uraraka.
"My back hurts a bit, but it's nothing compared to Senpai," he said, twirling around and facing the bandaged-up Aizawa.
"We are ready to begin class, let's start already. We are wasting time," he mumbled.
"Aizawa Sensei?" asked Midoriya, "All Might is supposed to meet us as well. Where is he?" I felt a small hint of dejavú.
"I don't know, forget about him," mumbled Aizawa, and turned away from Midoriya. We all walked down with Aizawa, who took us to the mountain zone.
"Let's start with the training rescues," beamed an excited Thirteen, "There'll be three students at the bottom of the chasm. One of them will be unconscious, the other will have an injured leg and the last will be very worried." Kirishima and Kaminari looked down over the edge, almost terrified.
"What height!" screamed one of them. "How are we supported to get there?!"
"What are you saying?!" yelled Iida, running over to them. "Are you ok?! Do not worry, we will save you!" I sighed and Shouto glanced at me. I gave him a look that said I found their attitude funny but a little over the top. He nodded in agreement, understanding what I meant.
"Well, the injured will be, you three," said Thirteen, pointing to Midoriya, Uraraka and Iida. So much for the enthusiasm. While the three were at the bottom of the chasm, Aizawa pointed to Shouto, Tokoyami, Yaoyorozu and Bakugou.
"Alright, you four are the ones who will rescue them," he said. I glanced at Shouto, but caught Bakugou shaking. I'm couldn't tell if he was angry or embarrassed. He was probably angry, knowing him. "You may use these objects," continued Aizawa.
"Wait! Why do I have to save Deku?" yelled Bakugou. Yep, he's angry, as usual. I lightly slapped his shoulder.
"Stop being a baby," I muttered, shaking my head. Bakugou looked at me in anger, but I took no notice of it. Even though things had happened between us, I had to pretend nothing happened around everyone else, and he knew this, too.
"Todoroki, just leave him like that," whimpered a worried Kirishima, coming up behind me. I glanced at Shouto who walked over to the edge of the cliff to look down at the three.
"Let's begin," he said. I backed away as I wasn't on their team and I didn't want to get in the way. I stood with the remaining girls. We watched as Bakugou yelled at Shouto, with Yaoyorozu trying to calm him down.
"He doesn't think. He acts by instinct," said Tsu, which I nodded to.
"Midoriya and the rest are in trouble," mumbled Kaminari, scratching his nose. I glanced at Shouto ignoring Bakugou's idea and told the others what to do. Bakugou got even angrier and grabbed Shouto's shirt by the neck.
"Isn't Bakugou being too rough on Todoroki?" asked Kirishima, slightly worried. This time, I shook my head.
"Shouto wouldn't be fazed by his insults, and besides, Bakugou is only saying what he feels is right, even though him and Shouto have different opinions," I said, gaining some people's attention. This is when Yaoyorozu spoke loudly, making everyone's heads turn to her.
"It's pathetic!" she yelled, "besides, there is something we must do before anything else." With that, she crawled to the side of the cliff, speaking loudly so the three could hear her. "Please keep calm! We will go to you right away!" I smiled at her, happy that she was able to break up the fighting. She turned to the others. "The first thing to do is to reassure the victims. There are occasions where you can not save people who are desperate and panicking. Reassuring them is related to saving them. If you will not do it properly, what kind of training class is this?!"
"Impressive, she's very good," mumbled Kirishima, and I nodded at his opinion. We watched in silence as they lowered Tokoyami into the chasm. Bakugou seemed tense, like he was doing this against his will but couldn't do anything to oppose. Yaoyorozu yelled details to others in the chasm. Uraraka came up first, laughing, claiming that Iida was taking this too seriously.
"Rescuing people without using your Quirk is quite a taxing job," said Thriteen, "that's how modern heroes must shine!" He spread his arms up but got interrupted by Sero.
"He's the only one pulling," he said, pointing at Bakugou.
"Shut up bastards!" he yelled in response, making me smile a bit.
"He judged he could not use his Quirk, that's the right thing," said Thirteen, "acting in a normal way. There's a lot of professionals who are incapable of doing it. They always think of themselves and when they encounter a challenging situation, they put it aside. When you manage to understand and remember, you pass. I'm sure he will become a beautiful hero." Thirteen admired Bakugou who kept his back turned.
When it was my turn to save someone, I flew down with the rescue tools beside me. I loaded the victims on one by one, and to keep them steady, I'd hold them up as they got closer to the top, keeping an eye on the victims still below me. When the exercise was done, Thirteen gathered all of us together.
"It was a great job for your first time," he said, clapping, "we still have more battle scenarios prepared. In a nutshell, there's still lots to do." We were taken to the collapse zone.
"Now we continue in this setting," explained Thirteen, "unlike the first training, there's different situations. The purpose of this scenario is to give a more genuine experience. The injured can be anywhere and we don't know in what state they may be. You'll have 8 minutes go spread out and 4 of you will be the rescuers. The other 16 must hide in whichever place they wish. 8 of the hidden may not speak. I will select them."
"We are playing hide and seek!" yelled an excited Ashido. I smiled at her, remembering how me and Shouto played that game for hours when we were little.
"To be precise, almost," said Thirteen, "ok, the 4 that will search, are them." He pointed at Midoriya, Uraraka, Mineta and Bakugou, who was shaking again.
"Why do I have to do it with Deku?!" he yelled. Again, I lightly smacked his shoulder.
"Stop it," I sighed, stilling keeping up the act but wanting to annoy him.
"You're pissing me off!" he yelled at me.
"Calm down, calm down," reassured Kirishima again.
Thirteen told all of us to hide. I lit up my hands and feet, taking off over the city. Since we had to be separated, I didn't go with Shouto. I scanned the area, looking for a good place to hide. I had to be somewhere high if I wanted to avoid that creepy Mineta. I landed in a tall building that was tilted to the side. I was on the top floor. I turned around and saw I was quite far from the centre where the rescuers were meant to start. I strolled slowly to a far corner away from any windows, and sat down with my back against the wall and hidden slightly by a large chunk of the roof that had fallen. I figured no one would reach me hear, unless Uraraka floated up here or Bakugou using his explosions to get up high. I remembered again of when me and Shouto would play hide and seek together.