The First Test

"Where are we even going?" I gasped, taking a sip of water from my belt.
"Anywhere until we run into examinees," said Shouto, running ahead of me. The exam had already started, and we hadn't run into anyone yet. We heard the loud explosions and yelling from all around, but we paid no attention. We only kept focus on our surroundings. It wasn't until I felt rumbling under my feet that made me pause.
"Tremors?" I said, looking around, "is there an earthquake?" We glanced behind us, but we loosened up.
"No, probably someone's Quirk," said Shouto. We noticed the land we'd started at was full of smoke and rubble.
"I hope everyone's alright," I mumbled, worried for our classmates. We continued to run through the structures, trying to avoid any attention to ourselves. We took cover behind a large pipe, saving our energy. We stayed quiet, listening to the loud noises around us. I kept a lookout, keeping my presence unknown. We heard the announcement of the number of people who had passed, and I began to worry a little. Shouto stood up.
"Come on. We can't wait around any longer," he said, lifting me up as we began to run. I kept my ears open, waiting for any movement apart from our own. It was when I suddenly sensed something and turned around. I saw an orange ball speeding towards us. I lifted my arm up, igniting it with flames and caught it, letting the dust fall from my palm. Shouto turned around and saw what happened. He tensed up as someone spoke.
"That was pretty good," they said, their voice echoing through the area. We looked up and saw a couple colourful people standing on top of some structures, looking down on us.
"As expected of the runner-ups of the UA sports festival... the Todoroki twins, was it? I can't believe you're both alone from your classmates, though. That's amazing! You guys must be really confident," said a guy in red.
"But even if they are from UA, acting alone'll get them in trouble, don't you think?" chuckled one in green.
"It's two-on-ten, you know. What're you going to do?" chuckled one in black.
"Thank you..." I said, getting into a stance.
"Saves us the trouble of finding you," finished Shouto, getting into a stance.
"Aren't you cool," laughed the one in red. They all threw some of their balls at us, but Shouto let out a wall of ice, blocking their attack. I hid behind it as Shouto put his hand on the ground, sending ice over to the men and froze their feet to the ground. I came out from the ice, set my feet on fire and landing on top of the ice Shouto had made, holding up a ball.
"You guys... are you sure you watched the sports festival?" I said in an intimidating voice. Before I could move, the one in red threw something at me.
"Of course we watched it!" he yelled as what seemed to be a screw enlarge and spiral towards me. My eyes widened, but before I could do anything, a wall of ice blocked the object. I glanced at Shouto, nodding at him in thanks. "That's not all!" the man screamed, throwing more enlarged objects at the wall of ice. Shouto stood still, analysing what he should do.
"Shouto!" I yelled. The ice was beginning to crack. His eyes widened as his ice broke completely. I saw another large object hurdling towards him. He tried to use his flames on it, but nothing happened. I had to act. I created a large fiery hand, shaped like Dark Shadow's clawed hands, and grabbed Shouto before he was hit. I flew out of the way, landing on one of the screws that was thrown earlier.
"Why didn't my fire melt that thing?" Shouto harshly spoke as I hovered above him.
"That's because they're not made of ordinary metal," snickered the guy in red, "they're made of tungsten, which can take super high temperatures!" He broke out of his icy prison, freeing his friends, too. "Didn't I tell you, twins? Even if you're UA students, acting alone... shows you're overconfident." My brows furrowed in anger, clenching my muscles hard. I let out fire from both hands, making sure it was wide enough to hit everyone. "Do it!" I heard them yell. I then felt two things against the fire, stopping the attack from hitting them. An explosion of steam broke away my attack, making me hover away behind Shouto. He created another ice barrier, stopping the large objects from hitting us. "Keep after them!" they called, listening to the sound of metal being torn apart. They kept breaking his icy walls, and I began to furrow my brow, trying to come up with something. They had water for our fire, and strong physical attacks to break Shouto's ice to dust. I clenched my teeth, and glanced at Shouto. He noticed my glance and nodded. We both released powerful flames, and, as expected, their water stopped us. However, it created a large explosion of steam to flood their vision, giving Shouto and I an opportunity to escape. I looked around as we ran.
"We need to use these idiosyncrasies for our advantage before we run out of energy," I harshly whispered. Shouto nodded, and lit a small flame, setting a small sign on fire. He let out a strong force of ice to a large tank. My eyes sparkled. I nodded, setting my feet ablaze and carried Shouto away from the tank. We saw the group standing motionless at the sign, and I took this chance. I lit my hand up, increasing the temperature to almost boiling, the flame turning blue. I created a large spear and took aim, throwing it perfectly at the ice and tank. As planned, the tank exploded, releasing a pink substance everywhere. Shouto quickly made a small wall of ice, knocking me against the wall as we hid from the blast. Their screams stopped, and Shouto quickly froze them where they lay.
"Those bastards... they're crazy..." I heard one whimper. Shouto walked towards them as I hovered behind.
"It looks like the commission kept the force of the explosion down," Shouto said.
"B-Bastards...!"
"Sorry," I said emotionlessly, "we can't afford to fail." Without any effort, we hit the targets we needed and walked away from the scene. I let my fire go out, feeling the activation of my costume cool my skin down. I let out a calm sigh of relief.
"Simultaneous activation of left and right..." Shouto mumbled, holding both of his hands up, "I need to practise more. It slows me down." I giggled.
"It's fine for now. We won," I said. The targets on our bodies lit up, and a robotic voice spoke.
"Those who have passed should go to the waiting room. Hurry!" it said. We walked slowly to the waiting room as instructed. The doors slid open, and our eyes widened.
"A lot of people are here," mumbled Shouto.
"I don't see anyone from our class," I worriedly said.
"Seriously?!" a booming voice said, catching our attention, "I love Stampman, too! He's a super passionate hero!" We kept our eyes on Yoarashi as we headed to a large seating area.
"If he applied through recommendations, then we should've seen him at the entrance exam," Shouto mumbled.
"Strange..." I mumbled, keeping my eyes locked on him. I saw him continue to talk, but his gaze changed. He looked our way, and I saw his expression change from calm to intimidating. A small chill went through my spine. Shouto noticed and glanced over at me.
"What's wrong?" he asked. I paused, still keeping my eyes fixed on him.
"There's something he's hiding..." I quietly said. We stayed silent, keeping our eyes on Yoarashi, but moved our view to the screen showing the arena.

It felt like hours since we had sat down in the waiting room. My fingers began tapping against my knee as I impatiently watched the screen.
"Why hasn't anyone in our class come yet?" I mumbled to myself.
"Maybe it was too hard for them with everyone knowing their Quirks?" Shouto mumbled. I grumbled, furrowing my brow, but my eyes widened. I saw Momo, Tsu, Kyota and Shoji walk over to us.
"Guys, you passed!" Momo smiled, coming to a stop in front of us.
"Didn't expect any less," Tsu added.
"What about the others?" Kyota asked.
"They haven't come yet," I replied, frowning.
"We were the first, and then you all," Shouto said.
"I see. They're not here yet, huh?" Shoji breathed.
"Weren't you all working together?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.
"We were, but we got split up by the Quirk of someone from Ketsubutsu Academy..." Momo breathed. I exchanged worried glances with Shouto.
"Thirty people left," Kyota sighed.
"I hope everyone can pass," said Tsu.
"Well, while we wait, let's refill our batteries," smiled Momo, trying to lighten the mood. We all gathered to a long table that had piles of food on it. My mouth watered just looking at it.
"Don't be greedy and take all of it," Shouto said. I glared at him.
"You've got more than me! I should be saying that to you," I replied, taking some food off his plate into mine.
"Oi, that's not fair," Shouto said, trying to take his food back.
"Now, don't be greedy and take all the food. You've got to share," I grinned, turning away and nibbling at a rice ball. I heard the girls giggle.
"Is that how you communicate everyday?" Momo asked.
"I bet if you weren't twins, people would still guess you're both siblings," Tsu smiled. I began telling the girls how Shouto acted while we were growing up, while Shouto breathed remarks under his breath as we walked together. However, Momo broke the silence.
"Everyone, I'm glad you are all safe! I was so worried," she said. My eyes drifted over to where she was looking and saw classmates pouring into the waiting room.
"Yao-Momo, we're safe, we're safe. Man, you guys were pretty fast!" said Kaminari, reaching us first.
"We also just finished. The twins were the fastest," said Shoji.
"I thought Bakugou would definitely also be here already, but I see, it was because you were with him, Kaminari," giggled Kyota.
"What?! You should fix that part of you!" Kaminari yelled. The group laughed but my eyes drifted to Bakugou, who had surprisingly joined us. His eyes met mine and they seemed to relax. I pulled away from the group, and shyly headed behind Bakugou, and carefully wrapped my arms around him. He stayed still, enjoying the moment. He turned around and looked down at me.
"I beat you," I smirked. He glared at me.
"I had idiots slowing me down," he growled. I smiled slightly.
"At least you passed," I sighed, resting my head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and head, burying me in his costume's hand grenades. I didn't mind. What mattered is that he passed. I didn't want to see the disappointed look on his face if he didn't pass. We were interrupted by an announcement. Ten spots were left for the passing grade. From seeing who was already here, nine were left in our class. I tightened my grip on Bakugou as I looked up at the screen. Bakugou's arm pulled me harder in his chest in a comforting way. I could tell he was slightly worried, but I knew he wouldn't say anything. We watched as the announcer broadcasted what was happening. The numbers were quickly filling up. My heart pounded as I heard it was from our class. Come on...
Just like that, the remaining spots were filled, all of them from our class. I heard the yells and cheers from our class in the waiting room. Everyone in UA passed the first test. I gave out a small smile, and calmly rested my head against Bakugou again. He rested his arm around my waist, and I could feel his breathing calm down. I smiled to myself. No matter how much he blurts out insults to his classmates, he definitely care about them.