Chapter 1

***Annii's POV***
I don't want to wake up.
I don't want to get out of bed.
I want to go back to sleep.

I keep telling myself this in my mind, but my stomach says different. I groan, not wanting to move, but I finally heave myself out of bed and go downstairs to the kitchen. I look through the cupboards to find a package of fudge pop-tarts. I put them into the toaster, grab a glass and pour some orange juice. I sit at a table not two feet away from the counter, just spacing out. I finally hear the toaster pop, jolting me from my thoughts,, so I grab my breakfast and head out to the living room, sit down and watch some videos.

Today is the worst so far. I can't think straight and I feel like shit. Sigh. I can't take it.

"Today looks like the perfect day for it," I say to myself, looking out the window behind the couch I was sitting in. I shut the TV off as soon as I finished my breakfast, I washed my glass, put it back in the cupboard, grabbed my supply belt and guitar, and headed outside.

My house was situated in the middle of a very dense pine forest in South Dakota. It was around 9:30 am when I went out. I didn't plan on coming back today, but no one knows I'm even alive so I don't lock my door. I don't follow the path I made. This time I go in a random direction off the path.

It was a clear summer morning. It wasn't windy,(which is something SD is known for) and it wasn't smoldering hot or cloudy.( another set of regular occurrences in summer for SD) It really was the perfect day.

Earlier in the years of my life I was trained to walk extremely long distances in extreme conditions for extended periods of time, so before I knew it, it was twilight when I came to a clearing.

"Man, I really need to stop doing that," I scold myself as I examine the clearing. It was a complete circle with low-cut grass, as if someone keeps it well trimmed each day. I also saw a plain-jane oak tree sitting in the middle of it, sticking out like a sore thumb in the middle of the forest of pine.

"Whoever lives in this forest must be an extreme perfectionist," I remark as I examine the tree. The branches were trimmed so no one shorter than 7" could reach the lower limbs, and even then, the very top seemed almost 30 feet in the air. I just now notice I'm squinting to see the details of the leaves and branches. I look up to see a full moon and shining stars that barely light the tree.

"I suppose I should rest for the night huh?" I say to no one. I should really stop talking to myself. Out of my supply belt I pull a light blanket, neatly folded and rolled up. Even though the moon was high in the starry sky, it was still warm outside. I then start my nightly routine, leaving out all hygienic activities, considering I didn't bring any utensils to do them with, which just left my sanity-keeping quotes and reminders. I say them aloud so I can keep my voice for tomorrow-
          "My name is Annii. I have short, auburn hair. I also have mismatched eyes and flawed porcelain skin and am not-so proud of it. Today may have been crap or it may have been relaxing, it doesn't matter, for tomorrow is another day. Anything can happen. All that matters is I have suffered worse than death, and have lived through another day of torture. I am strong, intelligent, resourceful, and caring. I am especially glad no one had to live through what I had. I have turned from an innocent (for the most part) little girl with all the best intentions, to a monster, barely keeping hold of sanity. I have lived through another day and will live through more. If they come to me before I  come to them, I look forward to the surprise." As I say the last few words I fall into a deep and dreamless sleep against the tree to await morning.
*************
Hey! I hope you enjoyed my first chapter of my first book! I really look forward to doing more chapters for this book and I would love it if you would comment your thoughts on it. Anyway I'll let you go and I will see you beautiful beings in the next chapter! See ya soon!

-DimondPlayBotton