Chapter 4

***Annii's POV***

"Wait, Little Miss Sally? I think I've heard that name before," I say before I totally processed the thought. Little Miss Sally sounds so familiar, but where from? I decide to investigate further with a little game of twenty questions, PERSONALITY STYLE!

"So, Sally, does your teddy bear have a name?" Starting out small is always good.

"Yup! His name Charlie!"

"Well, then how did you ever get so dirty," I ask in a playful tone, almost instantly getting her riled up.

"I've been in the forest for a long time, silly!" She acted like I was the kid and she was the caretaker of the tree. Wait, that's it!

"Are you the one that takes care of this tree?" Hopefully she'll say "yes".

"Nope. Not even close, but I do know who it is!" She said it as if it were an achievement worthy of a reward. Okay, not a bad answer. I think I can get her to tell me who it is, I just need to get her to trust me. I bent down to her eye level, well, more like stood on my knees, and spoke to her.

"You look like you've went through a bad time, Sally. Why don't you come with me back to my place and I can get you all cleaned up and get you a new dress?" Half of this was to ask her more questions in a secluded place, rather than where anyone could listen in on the conversation. The other half is just me wanting her clean.

"Wow! You would do that?!" She sounded like no one had asked her to take a bath before. If her parents are that careless, I hope she ran away.

"Of course! There's just one thing," (pause for dramatic effect) "My house is a days walk from here, and I'm not running. So, are ye willing to go the distance for the treasure at the end, are ye not up for the challenge?" That last sentence I spoke in a pirate-like manner to make it seem more fun than it actually was, and by the look on her face, it worked.

All intentions of finding out who she was flew out the metaphorical window as she ran around my legs screaming, "Yes!" over and over again.

"Alrighty then! Lets get moving! If we start now we might be able to make it there before dark. C'mon! This way!" I say as I lead her in the way of my house.

"You know what, I have an idea," I say as I grab Sally by the waist and hoist her onto my shoulders. She let out a little squeal and giggled as I set her down on top of me. I suppose I should tell her.

"Hey, Sally?" I ask for her attention.

"Yes?"

"Just so you know, when I walk long distances, I don't pack a lot. I don't have any food and you'll have to wait to go to the bathroom 'til we get to my house. I zone out and walk. Anything you say, I won't hear. Plus, when I zone out, I go faster, as I am not looking at everything. Therefore, we should get there in good time, so if you have anything to say or ask, now's the time." As I finish my rant there is a short pause before she speaks.

"What's your name?" I nearly smacked my self in the face for that. How could I not have told her my name? Ugh. Someday my memory is going to fail me in the worst of times.

"My name is Annii, and sorry about not mentioning it before."

"Why are one one of your eyes red and the other blue?"

Oh jeez. How do I explain it to her?

"Well, I, um...d-don't want to talk about it right now." Flashbacks occur as I speak. Voices follow.

- HE DID THIS TO ME!

-WHY ME?

-HE BETRAYED ME!

-I TRUSTED HIM!

-HE HURT ME!

-I WAS SO YOUNG!

-HE. TOOK. MY. LIFE. AWAY!

I shook my head to rid myself of these voices.

"Is that all?" I say, accidentally snapping at her.

"Yup! For now, anyways," she said, completely shaking off my rudeness.

"Well, any questions you do think of, keep to yourself until we get home, ok?" 

"Okie dokie!"

With that, I zoned out. I can do this for extremely long periods of time, just as I do it accidentally, but, like I said, I was going faster and we would be home in a matter of hours.

***Slender's POV***

I watched as Sally walked up to the girl, who, if I am not mistaken, is examining the names that were engraved into my tree's bark. From where I am hidden I can see and hear their entire conversation whilst they cannot see or hear me. 'Twas the perfect place.

It wasn't long before I heard a short, enunciated, "Ahem," most likely coming from Sally. After that I saw the girl stumble backward and fall. I chuckled at the sight of her bewildered and confused expression when she saw the little girl, so clueless it's almost cute. 

"Ugh! Why do I keep saying such things about her?" All of this started last night when I observed her. Could it be her looks? Her voice? Her actions that define who she comes off as? There must be some logical and completely reasonable explanation for this, right? After these thoughts have cleared, I continue to eves-drop on their conversation.

The human was studying Sally, judging by her quizzical expression. I decided it was time to start reading her thoughts. I tuned myself into her mind and listened. All it was was her noting Sally's appearance. After she was done, she spoke.

"Um, hello?" she said, slowly and cautiously. Sally just replied with an enthusiastic, "Hi!" as always. It started out like any other conversation until Sally said her name.

"Wait, Little Miss Sally? I think I've heard that name before." I froze at that statement. Oh no! This is really bad! What if she knows and runs away? I need to make sure nothing bad happens or, if it does, the outcome is in my favor.

Little did I know that while I was scheming over what to do, I had turned my back long enough to where the human was walking away with Sally on her shoulders.

"Ugh. I guess I'll have to wait until she stops, don't I?" I had no clue where she was going, but I was determined to follow her.

***Time skip***

She just kept walking...

***Time skip***

...and walking...

***Time skip***

...until she FINALLY, after 10 HOURS of non-stop walking with Sally humming away on her shoulders, the human came to a cabin in the middle of a thicket, not 200 meters from a highway long abandoned and left without traffic. I don't know how she can walk for that long with that much added weight. Another question I am going to have to ask her when I have the chance. I caught the feeling that this was her house after she just strolled onto the property, not bothering to go on the path.
          I had enough of walking for the next 20 years, so I decided to sit by a tree to rest for about half an hour or so. After feeling a little bit better and having my calves massaged, I decided to finally go up to the house and introduce myself, hoping to Cthulu that this wouldn't go as horribly as I pictured it in my mind.

Hey guys! Sorry for the very late upload, but with the move and getting all of my schoolwork caught up, I couldn't get any time for the book. Now I am in my new school and in the new house and everything is going good. I hope you forgive me for not keeping to the schedule. I hope all you wonderful beings are having an amazing life or afterlife! Happy thoughts and dreams to all of you! See ya soon!

-DimondPlayBotton