Chapter 9

***Annii's POV***

After I told him my kill count he told me to just write it in the margin. After that, he didn't say much. He just went back to whatever he was doing before I interrupted. I wonder if I rivaled his count? He's not that egotistical, is he? No. Perhaps he's just surprised? I mean, if someone told me that they had killed almost 24 million people, whether they deserved it or not, I would be kind of put off about it, especially if I was a criminal that, most likely, lived long before they were born and had barely scratched the surface of it. Perhaps that's the problem. Maybe I had said too much. I told him my haunting mistake and now I told him I killed almost a thirteenth of the population of the United states?

I gotta apologize for something.

"Um, Slenderman?" He turns to me and tilts his head down.

"What is it this time?" he asks with hesitation and worry caking his voice that I still cannot figure out where it comes from. It's as if it is inside my head, but it echos. He's worried I'll say something else about the papers that I finished about 5 minutes ago.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry about my kill count. Ugh, I don't like those words. I'm sorry about how many people I've killed. That's not better. Listen I know that you and everybody else here are killers, but you may think I'm a real monster for what I've done, killing all those people and letting others die because I was too scared to do anything, but that's just what I do. No! That's not just what I do. I do other things too! I just... *ramble ramble ramble you get the idea*

***Slender's POV***

I was just fiddling with the nick-knacks on my shelves, thinking. She's killed that many people? What was her reason? Or did she kill for fun? No wonder she has enough skill to take down Jeff without much thought. Wait, was she going to kill Jeff and Sally pulled her off of him, or was she just going to play with him before eventually killing him? Either way, Jeff is lucky to be alive and to have as little damage done to him as he did. If she had decided to kill him, she would. When I first saw her, I knew she could hold her own against others. Hell, her very aura was practically radiating off of her: powerful, yet calming. A mini flash-back of her walking through the calm, moon-lit forest where the crickets chirping softly, the branches of the pines rustling and creaking, and her footsteps on the ground were all that could be heard. Just the vision brought calm to my mind. A voice broke through my thoughts and brought me back to reality.

"Um, Slenderman?" It was Annii.

"What is it this time?" Even I could hear the worry that I tried to hide in my voice. God, don't let it be too bad. Then again, last time I said that she said her kill number which is more than bad. I mean, good for her training, but bad for the people.

She started to appologize for her kill count. Well, tried to appilogize. She stumbled over her words and rambled forever about how she believes me to think she is a monster for her kills and how that's how it is for her, yet she doesn't explain why she kills. She would walk right up to the topic and completely change it to something else. I had gotten tired of trying to understand her train of thought and appology, so I decide to stop her from going too far.

"Okay, okay. I understand, but you don't need to apppologize." Annii stops her rambling and just looks at me. 

"Huh? I don't understand. I killed all those people! Some without a second thought! How can I not appologize!" She was standing again, not in anger, but, strangely, in sadness and almost in tears. "How can I not appologize for commiting murder!?"

"Here, we are all murderers, serial killers, and brutes that kill for missions or for fun. We don't think about it. Your kill count is amazing for your age, though. I don't think any of us has done that much in their mortal lives. How I haven't noticed you before is a mystery. Either way, kill count is what makes you great here, as well as skills. Your kills show me that you have a lot of experience and most likely have a certain style to your attacks. That means you have little training to do or little effort to put into your training when you start, but you will still need to impress me or meet my standards for becoming a pasta." I notice she is standing taller than she was but still had a confused look on her face. "If you are upset about your kills now, you need to get over it for you to be successful in this mansion. I will tell you right now, you will need to kill for your final exam." Her face loses its confusion and turns into one of determination. She seems more confident to fulfill her part.