Chapter 10

***Annii's POV***

"You've gotta be kidding me!"

I groaned at the loud exclamation. I wasn't even awake yet and people are yelling.

"Why does SHE get to sleep in and we have to get up at the ass-crack of dawn for training?" A new voice sounded off. It was a moderately high sound, but I could tell that it was a male voice, and it had a glitchy, almost watered tone to it, as if they were under water. It's messing with my brain and it shouldn't be working this hard in the morning. Hell, it shouldn't be working at all right now.

"If you would listen, you would know that I told you she was going to get up later when all of you are at your best potential for training. And don't yell so loud! You might wake her up." Slenderman's voice sounded in my head. I hear more people coming down the stairs and coming into the living room and I can catch most of them wispering about why I am on the couch. I can practically feel their eyes on me. Alright, now I'm deffinitely not going back to sleep.

I groan and stretch out my back, arms and legs, all of which make satisfying cracks. I finally open my eyes. There were no lights on, which made it easy for my eyes to adjust. When they finally did, all I saw was people, everywhere, some were staring right at me while others ignored me all together. All of these people were different in their own way. Some had masks while others had facial or bodily features to stand them out. I looked around again and spotted Slenderman trying to usher everyone outside for some reason. He doesn't seem to "see" me as he has not turned his head this way in a while. I spot Jeff towards the back of the group. He didn't look happy, dispite that cut smile of his. I kept an eye on his back until the group made it outside and I could go talk to Slenderman. I quietly made my way up behind him. I had a plan. A dastardly, evil plan...

I kept my mind blank so as to not alert him of my presence, which wasn't that hard this early in the morning. As I came up behind him I quickly grabbed his waist(since he is a good 10 feet tall and I can't reach that high with just my arms) and shook him a bit. As I did I shouted, "Slender!" for added spook factor. I felt him jump under my touch. Yes! I removed my hands and watched as he turned around. I could feel my face turn smug as I had just jumpscared the Slenderman. As I looked up at him I could see a faint pinkish hue grow on his cheeks. Time to speak.

"A parade of people coming down the stairs woke me up, so I decided to say goodmorning to the culprit! So, what are we doing today?"

***Slender's POV***

I hadn't slept long, but it was a peaceful sleep, so I was in a good mood when I got up. The reason I had gotten up so early rather than my usual 8-10 hour sleep was because I had to wake up the others for Annii's training later. I also had to get the order of training on paper for Annii to have for a reference. I wanted everyone to be at their top performance, which ment me having to deal with their whining. One sacrifice to make for me to figure out what the hell Annii's abilities are. I mean, I had already seen a tidbit of what she can do when she took on Jeff in my office the previous day, but I want to see what happens when she is pushed against the wall, surrounded, and little to no options. It would be just cruel for me to do it out of the blue, so I want to see what happens when the pressure builds to the breaking point.

I go around to all the rooms to wake the grumpy pastas, some of which were especially reluctant about waking up at 4 in the morning, but they had gotten up none-the-less. Now that everyone is at least awake, I can wait downstairs for them all to go outside to get started.

I walk down the stairs that lead to the kitchen, which was connected to the living room where our new guest had chosen to sleep for the night. She had also said that she might need to go outside, for what reason is my question. As I make my way over to the doorway between the kitchen and the living room, I start to hear slight rustling sounds, like fabric rubbing together or paper being stacked. Curious about the sounds, I head into the living room.