Ch. 2

STILES POV

Surreal. It was the only word I could think of really. It didn't describe every bit of what I was feeling but it was the only one that came close. Matt was on the other line of that phone sounding the exact same as he did all those years ago, and suddenly I could remember everything about him. His jet black hair, the way he laughed, that haircut I absolutely hated. It all came back, and all because he had had called.

"W-What the hell do you want?" I didn't realize how hostile I sounded but I didn't really care.

"I guess I deserve that. How have you been?"

"That's my business" I stated, and let out a disgruntled sigh "Why are you calling?"

"Well, I heard you were a teacher at my nephews school and It just got me thinking    a-about you and... well about Caleb. I've been in town for a while, I was just thinking that maybe we could-"

"No Matt"

"Well maybe you could think about it a little?"

I could hear my husbands footsteps marching closer. Derek was coming back into the room and I couldn't tell him, I knew I had to but I just didn't know how so it would have to wait until a better time, at least until I could figure how to word this without having Derek lash out "The answer is still no Matt" and with that I hung up the phone, with the hopes of never having to hear his voice again.

"Who was that?"

"Wrong number" I answered quickly, kissing him sweetly. I needed to remember the feeling and remember why I had to tell him, but I was still scared.

"What was that for?"

"I just love you that's all"

And stared back like he always does "I love you too babe"

I threw up that night. Twice, then again in the morning. I chalked it up to me being nervous and upset about Matt, but in actuality I could feel deep down that wasn't it. And I knew for sure once I was staring down at the pregnancy test the next afternoon. Well this is perfect timing I thought to myself.

DEREK POV

"Hey honey"

"Hi" Stiles smiled back at me, as he set a plate down onto the table "So, Caleb is with your mother tonight" I could tell he had been on edge lately. Not just about work or trying to have another baby, but something else. I didn't want to push but I wished he would tell me. All that being said it had become rare of me to come home and see him smiling so nights like this made me especially happy.

"What's going on?"

He quirked his eyebrow looking at me "Something has to be going on for me to make you dinner?"

"Yes?" he looked at me guiltily and I instantly regretted it.

"I just. I know I've been a real pain in your ass lately-"

"Stiles-"

"No Der I have been very grouchy lately, I know I have. So I'm just trying to be a good husband, for once"

"You're an excellent husband"

"I'm not but maybe I could start to make up for it" the rest of the night went by and it was like one of our first dates all over again. Stiles would crack a joke then apologize then feed me food and apologize again. By fourth time I kissed the hell out of him telling him it was all okay and he seemed to finally get the message. We were finishing dessert when Stiles got this look in his eyes like he was holding something back, then he took ahold of my hands in his soft ones.

"Okay. I might have lied"

"About?"

"The dinner. I meant what I said about being it being an apology diner and about being sorry for acting like a douche lately, but the dinner is actually for another reason"

"Well tell me wh-" and without me having to finish he knew the question, and sat a positive pregnancy test down beside me "Are you serious?" I picked him up spinning around the kitchen not ever want to put him back down again.

"Careful" he giggled.

STILES POV

It was my prep and frankly the only place I wanted to be was at home in bed. I couldn't exactly just run out of class when I felt like barfing so suppressing it throughout the day was really getting to my head. I let out a loud and very exasperated sigh resting my head on the desk "Just a few more hours" I told myself.

"Few more hours?" came a voice from across the room. It was a voice I hoped to never hear again. I prolonged the agony taking my time to raise my head until my eyes finally met Matt's "I went looking for you in the office but they didn't have a Mr.Stilinski. Said your name was Mr. Hale...Who's Hale Stiles?"

"Matt. What are you doing here?"

"Well you hung up without any discussi-"

"You and me aren't together. Okay there's nothing between us so there is no discussion, you're just a stranger who, at this point, is acting very stalker-ish"

"Stiles I fucked up okay"

"Yeah well you're about seven years too late Matt now leave"

"Not until you hear me out"

He'd gotten so close and so loud I hadn't notice Derek coming into the classroom. I cursed to myself once he finally spoke, I had forgot he brought me lunch every Wednesday "Who are you?"

"Who are you?"

"Derek Hale. And unless you want things to get ugly I suggest you back away from my husband"

"Husband?" May questioned, as if he hadn't heard that right. I nodded and he looked at me incredulously like he couldn't believe I had actually moved on, as if he actually expected me to be helpless without him. Without another word he had left, drifting away almost endlessly, leaving behind tension between Derek and I.

"Stiles-"

"That was Matt. He called me and I told him to take a hike and then he... he just showed up and... He keeps talking about Caleb and how he messed up what if he tries to take him from me Derek-"

"Hey hey that's not going to happen alright. You don't need to be stressing right now so don't even think about that I won't let it happen"

"How do you know! He came down to my job for Christ's sake what's to stop him from tak-"

"Stiles I won't let anyone touch our son I promise. Please this stress isn't good for you so just calms down"

"You're not mad?" I sobbed into his shirt.

"Of course not"

Caleb had been playing in the living room with Derek watching tv later that night. They ran out of popcorn since they love to eat it like they are animals and I was making another batch when I felt warm strong arms wrap carefully around my waist. He didn't speak or even really move, he just stood there. We hadn't spoken of what happened earlier today and for the sake of all things holy I really didn't want to but I knew that it was bound to come up.

"Are we okay?" I finally whispered.

"We're okay" he responded with a final kiss to the neck.
————
If you guys have any ideas of what you want to see in this book let me know, I'm not sure where the story is going yet.