Ch. 6

STILES POV

When I woke up next Derek was standing over me looking as worried as ever. He was pushing a cup of water and Advil into my hands. I took it slowly as I glance around our home, and seen Caleb was no where to be seen only confirming that everything had not been a dream.

"What's Laura doing here?" I asked seeing her purse on the shelf.

"Mom called her, she's talking to the cops in the kitchen. She's dealt with cases like this at her firm" And suddenly I was panicking again, the mention of cops only made things seems more real "Sti c'mon I need you to be strong for me right now, you can't stress yourself out"

I let out a shaky breath "I know I know. W-What did the cops say?"

"They're going to start looking for Matt, I gave them Caleb's school picture. If they don't find him soon they'll issue and amber alert" I didn't stay strong for long, I fell to his chest sobbing not giving thought to the snot and tears hitting his shirt, but then again neither did Derek, he held on anyways.

We were interrupted by the officers and Laura coming back into the room. I stood up beside Derek and Laura was quickly in my arms apologizing. I just hugged her back, until she pulled away with tear stained cheeks.

Derek left me with a kiss before he was out the door walking out with officers and his sister "I'm going to head over to my parents just to fill mom in, I'll be back as soon as I can"

I fell into the sofa chair as soon as the door closed behind him. I felt drained in every way possible. I couldn't see myself ever being the same if he never came home. He was my first family and my inspiration for everything. There wasn't a place in the house were I could look and not be reminded of him. The grape juice stain on the carpet in the corner. Or the pile of toys in the kitchen Derek asked him to put away a million times. This was a heart wrenching feeling I never wanted to experience but here it was now, taking over. My chest was tight and my throat was slowly closing up. I was praying not to pass out again when the doorbell went off. Afraid that it was just in my head I waited and it came again.

I got up as fast as my growing stomach would let me and rushed to the door. I opened it to the most beautiful sight "Daddy!" Caleb came bounding through the door and up into my arms.

"Awww my baby" I picked him up holding on tight letting the tears fall.

"Too tight dad"

"Are you ok?" I asked letting my hands inspect all over.

"Yes. I went to Chuck E. Cheese with Matt"

"What did I tell you about Strangers!"

"I'm sorry daddy. He knew your name, he said he was your friend and he promised he would take me back to you" he explained sadly as I began to cry again"Are you mad at me daddy?"

"No baby. You just really scared me, please don't do that again please"

"I promise daddy. Where's papa?"

"He'll be home soon" I responded standing back to Matt's eye level.

Matt stood there smugly looking around the apartment "What's the big idea?"

"Go in your room sweetheart" Caleb smiled running down the hall.

I turned back to Matt not sure where to even start "What's that face for?"

"What the fuck Matt?"

"Hey hey you said-"

"I know what I said, but you just took him no call no warning, and for hours. Where could you even had gone. You knew exactly what you were doing" he reached forward arms stretched out, almost in attempts to lovingly comfort me. I jerked back violently, and had a worried hand running through my hair "Don't touch me! God this was a bad idea, I can't believe I let things get this out of hand. I don't think we can do this 'cool custody' thing"

"Now hold on Stiles, you don't want me to take you to court do you?"

"Go ahead and do it, after this kidnapping thing you'll never see my son again"

"Kidnap? No one's going to believe that"

"Oh yeah? He's officially under my custody, you show up out of nowhere after years and take him without a word. I dare you to try and take me to court"

"Stiles"

"Get the hell out Matt" I ordered coldly as I pulled out my phone.

"Who are are you calling?" he said, almost smirking.

"My husband. And you better leave because I won't stop him from doing what ever he's going to do when he walks through that door and sees you" his face suddenly got very serious as he backed away and out the door.

It wasn't until maybe fifteen minutes later when I heard the front door swing open then close and heavy footsteps echo up the hallway. As expected a very angry Derek came around the corner finding me in Caleb's bed as the young boys head laid in my lap fast asleep. At the sight Derek's face seemed to soften significantly.

"Where is he?" he asked.

"Gone" Slowly I watched him relax physically. His eyebrows fell down his forehead, his shoulders that previously stood at attention were retreating back slowly. I watched him slide his boots off and he walked on socked feet towards the two of us. By the time he made it to sit beside us he almost looked calm again. "You were right" I told him.

"Stiles-"

"No Derek you were right and I should've listened. I put our family in danger all because I didn't listen. We couldn't have lost everything and I did that to us" I admitted, it was hard to hear aloud but it was the truth and I had to let it be known "What ever you do now I'll understand"

"You think I'm going to leave you?"

"I would understand if you wanted to. I can't believe any of th-"

"Stop it okay. You wanted to see the good in someone and he let you down. That wasn't your fault. You couldn't control what Matt was going to do okay"

I nodded silently trying to believe his words, and the tears started to fall again as I whispered "I was so scared Derek"

"I know baby. I know"