Ch. 10

STILES POV

Matt came rushing from the kitchen "O-Okay I've got hot towels and a bucket of warm water. The internet say-"

"Screw google Matt! I need a hospital"

"No I can do this. I can." He swore he had something to prove but this wasn't the time for it.

Sweat started to bead at my brow and I wiped it away angrily. He was hovering, reading and running around flustered which wasn't helping me, I pulled him down by the collar of his shirt "Matt. Listen and listen good. You don't know what you're doing. I am in a lot of pain and things can go very wrong if you don't get me to a hospital. You want to do right by me this time around? Get me the proper help"

His eyes danced quickly as he pondered the idea. He looked from me to the door then back to me "Alright. Okay we'll go. But you don't say a word, a-and you'll put down my last name"

I agreed, semi happy I had gotten through to him. It was a very very small victory. With strength I was surprised he possessed he managed to get me down the stairs and into the car safely.

"Ahhhh. Whoo whooo" I breathed out harshly for most of the drive.

Matt had panic in his eyes as his hand flew over to grip my thigh "What can I do?'

I pushed his hand from my body and rubbed my belly, willing the ache to pass "Don't touch me and drive faster"

It wasn't long before the sign of Josephs Regional hospital was shining though the windshield. Matt hopped from the driver seat leaving the car running. He held my hand and placed a possessive trembling hand at the base of my back as he lead me to the already chaotic hospital. Nurses were chasing after patients and doctors were rushing into surgery I was surprised we were even able to get help.

Finally Matt made a move and latched on to the next nurse that passed us "Excuse me, but my husband is having a baby"

She eyed me before responding "What's his name?"

Matt and the nurse both turned to me expectantly "Stiles. S-Stiles Moore"

She didn't look like she bought it. She even turned to Matt and eyed him up and down "You look familiar, have you been here before?"

"No. I guess I just have one of those faces. Now how about that room"

"Right this way"

DEREK POV

I drifted the camaro into the apartment building Stiles had led us to. I felt like I was close he had to be here I had see him again. I paced the parking lot impatiently looking where I could as the cops knocked down door after door. What seemed like an hour later they came marching back- alone.

I was wringing my hands together waiting for any kind of update "We found the apartment. Leasing office said they seen them peel out thirty minutes before we arrived"

"So what do we do now? What's next?"

He sighed sympathetically and I knew what came next "Mr. Hale maybe you should head back home"

"No damn it! My husband has been missing for two days and I'm closer than ever. I am going to be there when you find him and you take that son of a bitch in so tell me what is next!"

He opened his mouth to speak just as a deputy jumped from his cruiser rushing towards us with a walkie in hand "Chief! We just got word. A man matching Matthew Moore's description was spotted trying to check a Stiles Moore into Josephs Regional hospital.

I watched with wide eyes as he took the walkie from the young officer "This is sergeant Holloway go on"

"We've got a nurse here who called it in we've got the suspect in sights over"

"Alright sir proceed with caution, he is dangerous and has a victim with him. If you find the chance to arrest him you take it. Other than that do not spook him. Over"

"Rodger that sir. If we apprehend him he'll be ready to be taken back to you jurisdiction"

I raced behind the cop cars that had their sirens blaring as they sped off to the hospital.

When we arrived my eyes searched the waiting room frantically. Neither of them were any where insight. I only caught a break when I overheard a nurse talking to a local cop "Yeah he was in labor but the guy looked more nervous than in pain. Then that's when I recognized the other guy from the APB that was sent out earlier." she popped her gum and twirled her hair casually retelling her story "I didn't want him to flip out so I played it cool and took them to the maternity wing and gave them a room. As soon as I got out of there I called you guys"

I took off with a sprint following the signs that led me all the way to the other end of the hospital. There were crying babies and people in labor, but I couldn't tell if any of those was Stiles. Then, almost as if the universe had decided to finally give me a break I turned a corner and there Matt sat. Handcuffed and shoved in a seat. My chest heaved up and down from victory, adrenaline, anger.

There he was, in cuffs and on his way to spend a long eternity in a cell, and some how it wasn't enough. What he did, what he put my family through... just a cell wasn't enough. I was content with just letting my mind race and imagine every terrible thing I wanted to do to him. I tried to take the high road it's what Stiles would want me to do. But he just had to look up, and we locked eyes. The way he smirked, like he knew he escaped my hands and he was arrogant about it.

But he hadn't got away from me. Because as fast as he had glanced over at me, I was charging after him even faster. I found myself tackling him to the ground. It didn't matter that he was cuffed, it didn't matter that he was at a disadvantage.

He didn't matter.

I had him by the collar lifting him up and slamming him back down onto the tiled hospital floor with everything I had. He squirmed and thrashed but I continued on. My knuckles met his jaw, the sound of flesh striking flesh over and over and over again echoed throughout the narrow corridor. I suspected, having seen the state I was in, the cops opted to let the fight happen because by the time they decided to pull me off of him his face was already bruising and dribbling with blood. He wasn't smirking anymore.

"C'mon Mr. Hale. He isn't worth" an officer began and the others drug Matt away "They've got your husband in this room here. It's almost time"

This wasn't how I imagined we'd bring our baby into the world, but I held my head high anyway. With bloodied and bruised knuckles I shouldered myself into the room and there he laid. Tears were in his eyes and he stared up to the ceiling almost as if he were praying. The doctor pulling the needle out, and getting ready to slice him open is what brought me back to reality and I brought myself to move.

"Stiles" I said calmly, not to startle him.

"Derek!" he cried out. and if there weren't tears before there were now "I-I thought you wouldn't find me I t-thought you'd miss this" I just smiled and looked into his eyes, before grabbing the nearest towel to clean my hands "What happened?"

"Nothing important. I'm here now" He let it go, as I took his hand in mine. We were together again.