12. Everything Is Fine

Two days of solitude was all I could handle. I'm a social person and being cooped up in my room was starting to drive me insane. Plus, I ran out of New Girl episodes to watch.

On the inside I still felt like complete crap. Stupid for letting myself get cheated on once again. I knew the issue was with Adam and Ray both being assholes. But a small part of me still wondered if there was anything I was doing wrong.

My reflection in the well-lit bathroom mirror made me snap out of my thoughts. If I was going to pull off this act that everything was fine then I had to look the part. So I fixed a smile on my face and reminded myself who I was.

I was Elisa M. Robinson and I didn't waste my time crying over people who couldn't care less about me.

My phone buzzed with a new text message from Melanie. She texted me about hitting up a water park and I couldn't turn it down. Anything was better than staying in this stuffy room.

The others are gonna meet us up there, the message said and I replied with thumbs up emoji.

I was replying to a few other texts as I left the bathroom when I ran into my dad coming out of the baby's nursery. He quickly shut and locked the door before I could even get a peek at the color scheme.

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" He demanded, eyes narrowing at me.

I glanced down at my black bandeau bikini top with a large pink bow on the front, the matching bottoms were hidden under a pair of white shorts. "A water park."

"Don't they make bathing suits with a little more material?"

I playfully rolled my eyes and changed the subject, "Are we ever going to get to know the sex of the baby?"

A wide smile appeared on his face. "Soon," he said, rubbing his hands together. "As soon as the nursery is done we'll do a reveal."

A reveal? Someone's been spending too much time on YouTube.

"And when will that be?" I was actually growing impatient. I'd been browsing through a lot of baby stuff online, my carts full of cute outfits for both baby girls.

He blew out a puff of air, shaking his head. "Whenever your mother stops being so damn--"

"So damn what?"

Dad's eyebrows shot up to his hair line at the sound of his wife's voice. "So damn..." His eyes pleaded to me for help.

"You're on your own," I told him, then I darted down the stairs.

Melanie was just pulling into the driveway when I came out of the house, oversized tote with all of the essentials--towel, sunglasses a sweater if it happens to get cold--slung over my shoulder.

"Hey, we're twins," she said once I was in the car. Her hair was braided into two braids, eyes covered in a pair of tortoise sunglasses.

At first I was confused until I saw we were wearing the same bikini, except hers had a turquoise bow. "Yeah," I agreed. "That's the one I wanted, but they were sold out."

"Oh." She half frowned as she pulled out onto the main street. "The pink is really cute, too, though."

About thirty minutes later we were walking into the water park. The sound of kids screaming as they enjoyed themselves almost drowned out the heavily over played pop song that blasted over the speakers.

Melanie used her hand to shield her eyes from the sun as she scanned the busy area. "Do you see them?" She asked, almost tripping over a little girl with a unicorn floaty around her waist. "They said they'd be by the dolphin statue. I don't see a dolphin statute."