Chapter 1: The Ruined City

Chapter Photo: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/602778731349394881/?lp=true

"Speaking"

(Thinking)

Whispering

Dante POV:

As I come to, I see Olga lying next to me, unconscious. I look around and notice we're in a city, and everything is destroyed and burning. I turn back to Olga and start shaking her to wake her up.

Dante; "Hey, Olga, wake up. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

Olga starts to slowly sit up and rub her head. I stand up and look at our surroundings again.

Olga; "What are you-"

She opens her eyes and sees where we are, completely shocked. She stands up and looks on, horrified.

Dante; "Before you start freaking out about where we are, there's something else you should freak out about first."

She looks at me and I point behind me with my thumb and she sees at least 9 skeletons running at us with swords. I turn towards them and go to summon my grimoire but before I can, Olga grabs my arm and we start running from them. Tears start to prick at the corners of her eyes as we run.

Olga; "Why did I have to get stuck with a useless master!?"

Dante; (Well fuck you too.)

She continues to scream as we run from the skeletons.

Olga; "Why do these things keep happening to me!? I can't take it anymore! Come save me, Lev! You were always there for me, right!?"

Dante; (Now that I think about it, Lev wasn't there. All the dead or injured staff was there, but Lev wasn't. And I know he was because of that call he made to Roman...)

I then remember that Roman said this wasn't an accident, but sabotage.

Dante; (Sabotage, huh?)

I look to my right and see Ritsuka and Mash staring at me and Olga.

Mash; "Director Olga Marie?"

Olga; "Y-You two! What in the world is going on here?"

Once we make it to them, Mash takes out the skeletons that were chasing us. I notice a skeleton appear from the shadow of a ruined building and lunges towards Mash with its sword.

Ritsuka; "Mash!"

Upon hearing her name, Mash turns around and sees the skeleton, but won't make it in time to block the hit. I hold my hand out in front of me, palm up, and summon a grimoire. It starts rapidly turning its pages as some fly out of it. The pages float around me before glowing and turning to swords flying towards the skeleton, cutting right through it. That being the last one, everyone looks at me shocked.

Dante; "What?"

Olga; "Since when could you do that!?"

Dante; "Since ever. Not my fault you grabbed me and started running before trying to fight. Can't you use magic too?"

Olga; "Well yeah, but there were too many for my magic to get rid of them all before they reached us. You should have told me you could use magic!"

Dante; (Of course it becomes my fault.) "Whatever."

Mash; "Wait. Weren't you a civilian candidate? How can you use magic?"

Dante; (Oh shit, gotta change the subject!) "Mash, isn't that outfit a bit... revealing?"