Chapter 7: Hundred Years War

Cover Photo: {https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Orleans}

"Speaking"

(Thinking)

Whispering

Dante POV:

I'm now sitting in my room with Mash, Ritsuka, Roman, Olga, and Da Vinci. I'll finally explain to them my past. Everyone's sitting in a chair with a cup of tea in their hands, while I'm sitting on my bed.

Dante; "Ok, this is gonna take some time to go through. I'm sure some of you have heard of the Mages Association's top executioner and field mage who is always on a mission, known as 'The Angel of Repentance' or just 'Repentance'. That's me, my tattoo is a confirmation for that."

Olga is now sitting with one leg over the other, with her thumb and index finger grabbing her chin, clearly thinking about something.

Olga; "Yeah, he's supposed to have a tattoo of angel wings, each missing half of their feathers and the words 'I Will Atone' in Latin under them."

Roman; "But, why are you here?"

Dante; "My missions are kept secret by all except the heads of the Association. I was disguised as a civilian on break for a week or so before I was issued new orders. So, that's why I was listed as a civilian. They kept some stuff about my magic abilities but made them seem on a level barely above average to not rouse suspicious for whoever got my info. That's when I got the invitation to Chaldea. It sounded interesting with multiple Masters and the idea of having a Servant sounded fun, so I decided to kill time here before I was called back. The Association probably would have come up with some excuse to have me leave by then and return."

Mash; "I understand now Senpai. But you still haven't explained about your upbringing."

Ritsuka; "Yeah, I want to know as much as I can about you..."

After stating this, it took a few seconds and her face become red and she started waving her hands around frantically.

Ritsuka; "I-I mean because we're friends, and we'll be working together to get rid of the Singularities! So it'll be good to know each other better!"

I lightly chuckle at her display before answering her concern.

Dante; "Right, I'll be doing that now. My mother was from a famous mage family, said to hold some legendary power that could be used to fight on equal terms against Servants. My father and her were invited to some social mage gathering, and it was love at first sight. They talked and started going out, then got married. My mother became pregnant, and was simultaneously hit with an unknown illness. She died soon after childbirth, and that left me with my father. He became obsessed with resurrection magecraft, trying to find a way to successfully perform it with no drawbacks on the caster. So, he decided to make his son the perfect mage, capable of using any and all magecraft freely to have someone who could perform the resurrection. His family wasn't a very well known one in the mage society, they weren't as famous as the Tohsaka's or Matou's. They were very weak compared to other mages. Anyways, to make someone capable of such a feat, he needed to make adjustments to the mage's body. The removal and replacement of various organs, limbs, bones, and even magic circuits. Luckily he knew what anesthesia was and used it, but even then the pain was still intense. I'd sometimes black out and wake up multiple times in one surgery. My father decided to try asking other families for their spells and techniques, but all refused and made fun of him for trying to pursue resurrection. He was furious, and decided he'd just take them if they refused to hand it over. I was sent from one house to another, killing everyone inside and stealing all they had related to magecraft. When I wasn't doing that, I was being trained by my father to become stronger. Various torture techniques and exposure to many types of venom and toxins to create the perfect body for the perfect mage. Pain no longer hurt, and I could do many things myself that mages could only replicate using spells on themselves. After a few years of this, our hideout was found by the Association, and they decided to launch an attack with executioners and strong mages. I saw my father freaking out, mumbling to himself about how they're trying to stop him from seeing his love. I knew I was doing wrong, but he was my father. I did what he wanted, cause he knew what was best, isn't that true for all parents? Eventually they broke in before he collected himself and killed him. Then they had to wait for orders from the Association. Kill the kid, experiment on him, or take him in? I was sent to a church to become an executioner. I was told what I did was wrong and I wouldn't be able to go to heaven to see my mother. That's why I have these tattoos, each mission I succeeded in they would add a feather to a wing. Eventually, these executioners saw my ridiculous strength as their ticket to taking out the Association. They were gonna have me lead the attack, saying they were planning to kill me because of my power. I overheard them the night before their plan would go into action, also mentioning I was a fool for believing I'd be allowed to heaven, and that my parents weren't even there. So, completely consumed by rage, I killed them. The Association caught wind of their plan and they were going to attack them in the middle of the night, but what they found was me, covered in blood in the center of the altar surrounded by bodies. They made it so I only answered to the top people of the Association to avoid these things for a third time. Now I'm here."