four

"Again!"

"Again!"

"I can't! My fingers - "

"AGAIN!"

Ivory whimpered and played the line once again.

To others, her fingers looked elegant and beautiful in the spotlight. They looked like as if they glided easily across the board. She sounded as if she belonged to a symphony or deserved to be the head of her pack. Others would think her to be a professional violinist, but she was far from it. That was why she needed the private instruction from Professor Nui.

To other people who held that profession or were in a musical position, they would have laughed at her. They would have ridiculed her. They wouldn't believe in her if they watched the way she played at the moment.

"Professor Nui, we've been practicing for about three hours now," Ivory complained. "Dinner - "

" - doesn't start for another half hour. You want to be the best, don't you?"

"Yes."

"You know what they say about you, don't they?" he asked.

"Yes," she whispered.

"That you'll never be able to do it, you'll never make it as a witch violinist. Your magic instrument will never help the dragons. They think it's - "

" - a joke that I want to help dragons with my music. Yes, I know," she said.

Ivory had dreams of playing music for creatures - specifically, dragons - in order to calm them down when they got too enraged. Most creatures such as dragons were enraged when they woke up in a sanctuary, but it was for their own protections. Creatures around the Wizarding World were going into extinction, and Ivory wanted to prevent that.

"And what do you do, Conver? Do you let them walk over you and cast you to the shadows?" asked Professor Nui.

"No,"

"What? You don't sound like you mean it. Say it again, Conver."

"No!" she exclaimed.

"More, Conver!"

"No, Professor Nui!" Ivory shouted.

"MORE, IVORY!"

"NO, PROFESSOR!"

She was used to it. He was a harsh man, but she knew he wanted her to be better. He only wanted her to succeed.