sixteen

Ivory hated being thirty-four

Ivory hated being thirty-four. She felt so old. Harry was now fifteen. He had no idea of the black dog that was following him as he made his way into 12 Grimmauld Place.

The dog faltered for a moment as he watched someone welcome Harry in. The dog ran across the street, looking around for any Muggles.

Within a moments time, the building expanded and came into view as the dog ran up the steps and pawed against the door.

"Harry James Potter, did you bring an animal home?"

"What? Mum, no, I swear on Merlin's grave!"

Ivory opened the door and immediately looked down at the dog. The dog ran in, panting as Ivory slowly turned around.

"Is everything all right?" Harry asked, eyeing the dog. "I can chase him out."

"No," she whispered. "It's okay."

Ivory bent down. "Come here," she beckoned to the dog.

It walked to her. She held its face with her hands and stared into its eyes. She chuckled dryly and tears welled up.

"It's you, isn't it? It has to be. I knew you would come back," she whispered as she pressed her forehead against the dog's forehead.

Harry was clearly uncomfortable. He had no clue as to what was happening. The dog transformed into his human form and held onto Ivory as he pressed a kiss to her nose.

Ivory sniffled and looked at his face through her tears. She promptly smacked his chest, causing him to fall onto his butt.

"Sirius Black, how could you just leave me like that? You idiotic, stupid twit!"

"This certainly reminds me of something," he humored.

"I hate you," she spat out as she got up and brushed her pants.

"Mum, is this - "

"Yes, this is your godfather, Harry."

Sirius took a good look at Harry from over his shoulder. He scrambled to get up on his feet.

"You really are Prongs's son," Sirius whispered.

"Technically, Lily and Effie's, but yes," said Ivory.

"Are what they say about you true?" Harry asked. "That you're a murderer?"

"Do you believe them?" Sirius asked.

"I don't know, but Mum believes you."

"Mum?" Sirius asked, glancing at Ivory.

"Did you really think I'd let Lily's sister have custody? Godric, Sirius," Ivory grumbled.

He smiled. "I wouldn't have expected less."

Ivory sniffled. "Harry, do not tell anyone about Sirius. Not even Ron, all right? I can only assume the number of Aurors that are after this knob head."

"I take offense to that," Sirius retorted.

Harry nodded.

"Listen, we're going to have a good rest of the night, okay?" she asked the two boys - since Sirius was clearly still a teenager at heart. "We're all going to go to bed, then we'll talk about this in the morning."

Sirius and Harry nodded.

"Merlin, I love you," Sirius whispered.

Harry made a face, while Ivory rolled her eyes.

"Didn't you take his room?" Harry asked.

"Oh - right. I suppose you'll want your room back, Sirius," Ivory said. "I'll stay in the guest room."

"No need, love. We can sleep together - like normal."

"I'll hit you."

"Maybe, we should use the silencing charm tonight - for Harry's sake," Sirius suggested.

Ivory's mouth opened and Harry groaned, walking upstairs to ignore the couple.

"You pig!" she exclaimed.

"Oh - that's right. You always did hate using the silencing charm when we were younger. Something about not caring?" Sirius asked as he dodged Ivory's aggressive hands.

"Sirius!"

"I love you," he suddenly said.

Ivory faltered. "You left me."

"I didn't mean to."

"I know. That's why it was so hard," she whispered.

"I'm back," he offered.

"That's not good enough," she weakly retorted.

Sirius pulled her wrist, causing her to fall against his chest.

"I'll make it up to you."

Then, they kissed.