Chapter 14. Ronnie Radke, James Dean, Audrey Hepburn, & The Mortician's Daughter

A/N: I know that The Mortician's Daughter is a Black Veil Brides song but just for this story it isn't, okay? Good. Now, read on.

Ronnie Radke, James Dean, Audrey Hepburn, & The Mortician's Daughter

Song: If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping With Sirens

~Summer~

I smiled at the pictures in my hand, remembering my dad and brother. I was sitting on the couch in the back lounge on the bus. Luckily no one else was on the bus. I needed some alone time. 

I flipped through the insanely old pictures and saw one of when I was a baby. My dad was holding me, five year old Rick was right next to him, and my mom was holding two year old Sierra. 

I giggled at the next picture. It was Rick's prom picture, taken only a few months before the fire. He and his girlfriend were so cute together. They had been together since they were thirteen. They even had promise rings. 

The last picture I looked at was just of Rick and me playing our Nintendo 64. Man, I miss that old N64 of ours. 

The bus door suddenly was kicked open. I was about to yell at my band for kicking it, but it wasn't Ian, River, Zack, or Blu. It was Alex and Jack from ATL. I quickly hid the pictures behind a pillow. 

I love these two boys, but I wish they would hang out with the rest of there band a bit more so they wouldn't annoy the crap out of me. 

"Summer?! Where are you?" Alex called out.

"Your band said you were on here!" Jack added. "Hey, is that Kellin's hat?" Jack asked Alex in a whisper, but I heard. I saw Alex shrug. 

I totally forgot that I left Kellin's hat on the table in the front lounge. "I'm back here!" I screamed from the back lounge. 

They quickly made there way back here and were smiling like idiots. They say next to me and stared at me. 

"What's wrong with you guys?!" I asked, giggling. 

"Guess what we heard!" Jack ordered. 

I smirked. "I don't know! You heard that each bus gets its own Playboy Bunny?" I laughed at the thought. I know that wasn't what he was going to say, but I'm pretty sure he would like that. 

"Whoa… that would be so awesome…" Alex mumbled, looking down. 

Jack nodded in agreement. "I wish, but no. That's not what we were going to say. Guess one more time!" 

"I don't know! Just tell me already!" I ordered. 

"We overheard Ronnie talking about your band and how he thinks you’re insanely sexy, which you are. He also said that if he got the chance he would totally bang you." Alex gushed. 

Why were they excited that Ronnie Radke wants to bang me?

"That's cool, but I don't like Ronnie like that. He's just a friend." I said as I stood up and walked into the front lounge. Of course they followed. 

"That's not what everyone thinks. Other bands are saying you guys already hooked up." Jack replied as we sat down at the table. 

I gawked and Alex and Jack. "What?! Who thinks this?!" 

"Umm… Tonight Alive, the rest of Falling In Reverse, Mod Sun, Breathe Carolina, Pierce The Veil, us, Sleeping With Sirens-" Jack listed before I cut him off. 

"What?! Well it's not true!" I wondered if Kellin believed it or not. 

"If it's not true than where were you yesterday when I called you?" Alex asked. 

"Not fucking Ronnie that's for sure!" I snapped back at him. 

"Hey Alex, wasn't Kellin gone at the same time she was gone?" Jack asked while a smirk formed on his lips. 

Alex nodded, not realizing what Jack was getting at. Alex's eyes suddenly grew wide and he smirked too. "Summer, are you and Kellin fucking each other?" 

Before I could say anything to save myself from this embarrassing moment I felt my cheeks get hot. Crap, I blushed. 

Alex and Jack started laughing. "Oh my God! Everyone thinks you hate each other! We didn't think you were fuck buddies!" Jack laughed. 

"I guys that explains why you act so mean to each other! It's just a cover to hide the fact!" Alex added, laughing too. 

I smacked both of their arms. "We aren't fucking each other you idiots!" I shouted at them. 

"If not then why were you two gone at the same time yesterday? And why is Kellin's hat on your bus?" Alex wiggled his eye brows. 

I sighed. "Promise you guys won't tell?" I held out my pinky. They chuckled as they pinky promised me. "Kellin and I were out on a date yesterday. At one point in the date I took his hat from him and wore it. I just forgot to give it back." I explained. 

"Wait, so you guys don't hate each other?" Jack asked. 

I shook my head. 

"So you guys are now a couple?"

I shook my head once more. 

"Well, why not?" Alex asked. 

I groaned and rested my head in my hands. "He asked me yesterday to be his girlfriend. I told him that I will say yes or no today. But now I don't think he will want to date me since he probably thinks I'm fucking Ronnie." 

"Wait, so you want to date Kellin?" Alex asked, making sure. 

I nodded. 

"Well then he should believe that you aren't." 

"Thanks guys…" I mumbled, giving them a sad smile. 

"Now that I think about it you and Kellin would make a great couple. You both love music, make the same kind of music, have black hair, and are the lead singers of bands." Jack said. 

"So all we have in common is our music styles, our positions in our bands, and our hair color?" I asked. 

"I'm sure you both have more in common than what Jack listed. The point I think Jack was trying to make is that you should try things with Kellin. You guys would be a really great couple." Alex said. 

I smiled at them. "That's great to know. And just to tell you guys, I was going to say yes."

Alex and Jack high-fived then I kicked them off of the bus. I went to the back again and got out my song book. I had a few lyrics in my head ever since yesterday. I also had melody and a song idea.

You see, my dad was a mortician. That makes me the mortician's daughter. This song is going to be basically about the mortician's daughter and her relationship with a boy. That boy being Kellin. I've wanted to write a song about our past ever since I found out. And I also wanted to make another acoustic song. 

I started writing the first few words that I was thinking about. 

I open my lungs, dear. 
I sing this song at funerals, no rush. 
These lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush. 

I need another few lyrics… 

I started thinking about the things that happened in our past. A baby boy you've held so tightly, because he had brought that boy back to his sister. This pain it visits almost nightly, because I feel terrible about what happened in the past. Missing hotel beds I feel your touch, because we've been away from each other for almost ten years. 

So far I have:

I open my lungs, dear. 
I sing this song at funerals, no rush. 
These lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush. 
A baby boy you've held so tightly,
This pain it visits almost nightly.
Missing hotel beds, I feel your touch. 

I guess that's good for now. I'm going to go see Kellin and tell him yes. 

~Kellin's POV~

The guys laughed as I told them the rest of the story. "So anyways we were running away from you guys and stopped after awhile. She took my hat from me and that's why I don't have it at the moment. The date ended with me asking her to be my girlfriend." I explained. 

"Well?" Jesse asked. 

"Well what?"

"Did she reject you or say yes?" 

"She hasn't told me yet. She texted me just a few minutes ago saying she wanted to find me. Then she put a winky smiley face." I smiled proudly, thinking she was going to say yes. 

"So you don't care?" Gabe asked. 

"About our stupid past? Nah." 

"No, I meant about her and Ronnie." 

I felt a pang in my stomach. "What's going on with her and Ronnie?" I asked. I hope they couldn't tell how shaky my voice was. 

"I heard from Asking Alexandria that Ronnie and Summer were fuck buds. That could just be some rumor though." Jack said.

I slumped down in my chair. That's when I saw Summer walking over to the tent while texting. All the guys noticed her too. 

"Ooooh! Kellin, her she comes!" Justin teased. 

"You better hope she says yes." Jesse added. 

I shook them off my head and got up to see Summer. I walked up towards her and she looked up from her phone. I saw that she was smiling. Good, right. 

I faked a grin and lead her away from everyone else. "So, what were you and the guys talking about?" she asked as we sat in my bus. 

I sighed. I guess before we become an actual couple I should get the real info about her and Ronnie. "We were just talking about you… and Ronnie."

She scoffed. "Me and Ronnie? Why?"

I shrugged. "Well, I heard some rumors. That's all."

"Rumors?! Rumors about what?!" she shouted. 

"Rumors that you two are… doing things." I mumbled. 

"What was that?"

I sighed. "Rumors that you and Ronnie were doing things." I said louder. 

She laughed in disbelief. "You don't believe right?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I mean when we were younger-"

She cut me off. "Of course, I knew it! I knew you would believe this stupid rumor that isn't true! Not only that but you don't trust me!" she yelled, almost leaving the bus. 

I stopped her. "Wait, Summer I didn't mean it like that." I looked into her eyes and saw that something was wrong. And it wasn't my fault. She had the same look in her eyes when I first saw her today. 

"Yes you did." she muttered. She pushed past me. "Oh and Kellin? Consider this a no!" Summer stormed back to her bus with me failing to catch up to her. 

I banged my head against the bus next to hers. "Fuck!" I shouted to myself. 

----

~Summer's POV~

One week. One whole week I have avoided Kellin. There were a few times when he would corner me. All I did was call him a dick for listening to stupid rumors and then I would push past him. 

Seriously, I wish I wasn't mad at him. I wish we had become a couple last week like how I thought we were going to be. But because of my stupid pride I won't forgive him, even though he has told me sorry about a thousand times now. 

Last week Kellin didn't just get me upset though. I was already upset. Everything was eating me up. Alex and Jack in the morning, the news about the rumor that Ronnie even hates, Kellin believing the rumor, and it was also the death date of my brother and father. I just wanted to not tell anyone. 

I was at my tent signing things when my manager came up to me. "Hey Summer?" Steve said. 

"Hey dude, what's up?" I asked him, handing some girl a newly signed shirt.

"Your wanted." he said as he grabbed my arm, dragging me away from my tent. 

"Wait, but Steve-"

"No buts! This is important!" he chuckled. I suddenly heard a familiar voice that was kind of high sounding. The voice I've been trying to avoid all week. 

He set me in the crowd where Kellin looked to make sure I was there. I tried to walk away but Steve kept a grip on my arm. I was stuck in the crowd. 

"Okay, for our last song we're gonna play something that is new. I wrote this in about a day and a half. We've been working on it for only a week, so please bare with us. I hope you guys really like it. But first, before we play I would like to dedicate this song to someone. Look, I'm really sorry for believe stupid lies people told me," Kellin said, looking right at me. Looking right at me as I struggled to break away from Steve. Damn my weak arms! "Summer Parker, this song is dedicated to you. The lyrics are exactly how I feel. I wrote this song about her and I've loved her for a long time. But you know what? They say that love is forever!" Kellin continued. I heard the crowd whistle, cheer, and I heard some 'awwh's from the fans at the saying of my name and that last little line he said. 

Then music started…

"Stay for tonight!
If you want to,
I can show you,
What my dreams are made of, 
as I'm dreaming of your face!
I've been away for a long time,
Such a long time,
And I miss you there!
I can't imagine being anywhere else! 
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here!" Kellin sang into his microphone, looking out at the crowd. Somehow he managed to keep an eye on me though. 

"How the hell did you ever pick me?
Honestly, I could sing you a song,
But I don't think words can express your beauty.
It's singing to me.
How the hell did we end up like this?!
You bring out the beast in me.
I fell in love from the moment we kissed,
Since then we've been history.

They say that love is forever,
Your forever is all that I need!
Please stay as long as you need!
Can't promise that things won't be broken,
But I swear that I will never leave!
Please stay forever with me!

It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are,
What my dreams are made of!
Can't fall asleep, can't fall asleep!
I lay in my bed awake, in my bed awake at night,
As I dream of you!
I'll fall in love, you'll fall in love!
It could mean everything, everything to me!
I can't imagine being anywhere else!

They say that love is forever,
Your forever is all that I need!
Please stay as long as you need!
Can't promise that things won't be broken,
But I swear that I will never leave!
Please stay forever with me!

The way that we are,
It's the reason I stay.
As long as you're here with me,
I know we'll be okay.
The way that we are,
It's the reason I stay!
As long as you're here with me,
I know I'll be okay!

They say that love is forever,
Your forever is all that I need!
Please stay as long as you need!
Can't promise that things won't be broken,
But I swear that I will never leave!
Please stay forever with me!"

"I couldn't love just anyone, I was created to love just one baby." The guys sang in the background as Kellin's voice filled the rest of the crowd. 

"They say that love is forever,
Your forever is all that I need! 
(I couldn't love just anyone, I was created to love just one girl)
Please stay as long as you need!

(I couldn't love just anyone, I was created to love just one baby)
Can't promise that things won't be broken,
But I swear that I will never leave!
(I couldn't love just anyone, I was created to love just one girl)
Please stay forever with me!" Kellin finished, breathing hard. 

The crowd went insane! I even saw some people look at me. I received some death glares from some fans of course, but some fans had smiled at the thought of Kellin and me. Those are the true fans. 

So, after the cheering died down some Kellin thanked all the fans for coming out today to see them and ran off stage. Steve also pulled me backstage. I saw Kellin run over to us and he took my arms from Steve. Steve left in an instant as I just stared at Kellin, wanting to forgive him. 

Which to listen to, my brain or my heart? Ugh, me being typical me of course I'll listen to my heart. No! I can't this time. I know what I want, but I can't have it right now. I need some space to breathe. 

"Did you like the song?" Kellin asked, breathing heavily. 

I moved his sweaty hair out of his eyes and gave a sad looking smile. "Yes, yes I did."

"So, do you forgive me?" Kellin looked at me with pleading eyes. 

I frowned. "Kellin… I don't know. I'm sorry. I just need some time to think." 

He let go of his grip on me and nodded. "Okay. Take as long as you need." 

I smiled and nodded back at what he said before I walked away. Yes, I felt bad, but I'm not sure if touring and dating is a good idea. I do have feelings for Kellin, but I don't know how long I can play this card with him. He thinks if we date then things will just be fine. I thought that too. But they won't. I'll never be fine. And if Kellin dates me, neither will he.

A/N: Hey babes! I hope you liked the chapter. When I first wrote it I actually made them a couple and they kissed. But then I changed it! I'm so evil! Anyways, can I get 9 comments? I dont really care for the votes right now. Next chapter coming soon! Be ready. :)

~Catt