Meeting Again

When you walked out of your house the morning was still fresh and the sun was only beginning to rise. You walked into the plaza with a deep breath and smiled. The morning was cool and refreshing and you had total solitude. Pulling out a notebook you leaned against the bench and began to sketch.

The fountain in the middle of the plaza was illuminated by an the orange light of the sunrise and it sparkled beautifully. You wanted to catch this scene thus why you got up early.

You sat there for minutes on end sketching the flowing water. You smiled finally after an hour of work at your master piece. When suddenly a voice spoke up.

"Ay señorita eso es muy hermoso." A strong male voice complimented.

You looked behind you shocked. It was the shorter man from the marachi duo.

"Oh gracias señor. Forgive me but, Cuál es su nombre?" You asked kindly.

"Ernesto de la Cruz señorita. And you are?" He asked walking around the bench to sit next to you.

"(Y/n)." You responded sweetly.

"(Y/n), a muy hermosa señorita." Ernesto complimented.

"Gracias." You thanked him and then realized he was alone. "¿Señor?" You asked suddenly.

"¿Si?" He responded readily.

"Where is your amigo?" You asked looking around. "You seem to be alone." Ernesto chuckled as if your question was cute.

"I could ask the same of your hermana señorita." Ernesto replied.

"That does not answer my question señor de la cruz." You stated flatly.

"He is at the hotel room. I did not have the heart to wake him as he had a difficult day yesterday." Ernesto responded with a smirk. "You see, a rather angry señorita dumped water on him."

You smiled proudly. "My hermana has fair aim no?" You asked.

"Fair, true. Though not all encompassing." Ernesto stated proudly. Clearly he had moved in time whereas his companion had not.

"Surely you should have warned him." You said raising an eyebrow.

"Ay señorita I'm afraid my reflexes are faster than my words." He said leaning slightly closer. You blinked in shock at his abruptness and pulled his sombrero over his eyes.

"Si señor I see that. Buen día." You ended the conversation while walking away.

"Wait señorita!" Ernesto called after you. You walked away steadily thus Ernesto caught up. "You forgot your sketch book." He said with a cocky smirk at you. You took the book from his hands. And saw him lean against the nearest wall in front of you effectively blocking your path. "A hidalgo like myself surely deserves a thank you kiss." He flirted leaning towards you.

You pushed a hand against his chest with a small giggle.

"Señor," You began as both your eyes locked. "Gracias, but-" you leaned forward gently grabbing the bow around his neck. He started to lean in and you spun him so he was no longer standing in your way and released him. Ernesto stumbled backward and hit a wall. "Did you really think it would be that easy?" You questioned with a smirk of your own.

You turned to walk away and spoke only once more over your shoulder. "Perhaps you need to sharpen your technique señor." And with that you walked home.

The day passed as usual as you helped your mamá cook breakfast and then did chores with your hermana imelda. She seemed to notice your happy attitude. But when she asked you thought better of telling her as you knew she could get slightly over protective and you could handle a marachi boy any day.