New Friends

You stared at the man with a frown. And Imelda didn't even flinch.

"Buenos noches." Imelda returned civilly.

"What are a couple of lovely señoritas doing out so late?" The man asked with a charming smile.

"Going home." You stated simply as though it was obvious.

"Well then allow me to walk you." The man spoke with a low tone and gave a deep bow.

You only frowned. "We have legs for a reason and we will be just fine walking ourselves. But gracias anyway señor." You and Imelda began to walk away, but the man persisted.

"I would not want you to get hurt." You gave him a sideways glance.

"We are aware of the dangers señor and we are well prepared to meet them. Buenas noches" Imelda replied coldly taking your hand in hers and pulling you away. The man fell silent for a moment then spoke one last time.

"Buenas noches señoritas if you ever need me I go by the name Eduardo." You stiffened at the name and looked over your shoulder to see him smile somewhat evilly at you before blowing you a kiss.

"Do not look at him. You'll only encourage him further." Imelda warned.

"But he-" you were cut off by someone calling out to you.

"¡Señoritas espere!" You turned and saw Hector and Ernesto running after you. Imelda rolled her eyes and went to pull you away but you resisted.

"(Y/n)?" She asked somewhat annoyedly.

"Un momento." You responded distractedly. Hector reached you first but Ernesto was the one to call out.

"Why the rush?" He asked regaining his composure much quicker than a panting hector.

"We have to get home." You stated simply.

"¡Pronto!" Imelda interuppted grabbing your wrist. "(Y/n) We must go." She sounded more desperate than angry.

"Si." You agreed. "Buenas noches señors." You said waving goodbye and turning away.

"Wait! Perhaps we could uh walk you home?" Hector questioned more than suggested.

"What makes you think we need your protection?!" Imelda growled whipping around and you only frowned slightly at him.

"No señorita that isn't what I meant-" Hector was cut off by Ernesto's deep voice as Ernesto attempted to cool the fire in your sister's eyes.

"It would be rude of us as gentlemen not to walk you home." Ernesto took your hand in his and kissed it before looking up at you from under his sombrero with a charming smile. "We insist."

You glanced at Imelda for her answer. She seemed to be not buying Ernesto's 'gentlemanly display' but allowed it with a huff.

"Fine." She then began to walk off. You sped up and walked by her side feeling slightly guilty as you wanted her to be comfortable. But it seemed that Imelda hardly noticed the boy's presence.

"Do you really think Ramirez will come here? You asked trying to break the tension.

"Si." Imelda answered truthfully her face somewhat bleak.

"Why do you think someone would do that?" You inquired carefully not wanting to weird out your company.

"The thrill." Imelda responded flatly.

"Uh pardon señoritas but who is this Ramirez?" Hector interjected.

"Eduardo Ramirez is a murderer. He has escaped jail many times and he is close to our town." Imelda explained simply.

Hector and Ernesto both gasped from shock. And stared after you two.

"Well then-" Ernesto began. "Perhaps it was for the best that we took you two home."