A day alone

Your mamá sent you to the market again as it was your hermana's birthday and your mamá was going to surprise her with her favorite meal.

You had your own present to worry about and frankly, you wanted it to be the best. But Imelda was difficult to shop for. She didnt look at jewelry like other girls unless it was pointed out for her and often when asked what she wanted Imelda would respond,

"I have everything i need. I'm fine." It was absolutely infuriating. And you didn't want that to deter you.

"What does Imelda like anyway?" You mummbled as you walked. Suddenly and idea sparked. Imelda loved music. So you went straight to the shoe store in town. The two of you lived to dance it would only make sense that you gave her dancing shoes.

It was difficult to dance without them and yet Imelda made it seem to be the easiest thing in the world. The shoes had less grip and more air flow so the dancer could move more freely and not get too hot whilst doing so.

And here in the heat of Mexico anything that relieved the heat was a blessing indeed. You walked into the store and smiled at the vendor.

"¡Hola señor!" You greeted politely.

"Hola (y/n)." The man you knew to go by the name Hugo replied sweetly. In a town as small as this it wasn't uncommon for every resident to know eachother quite well. "How can I help you?" He asked prompting you to speak.

"I'm looking for a special present for Imelda." You explained excitedly. "Do you perhaps have any dancing shoes?" Hugo smiled and walked back to a large section of his store that had several square shape shelves each holding a different box.

He pulled out a couple boxes then placed them infront of you. You opened them excitedly and examined the shoes within, but frowned you soon after.

"¿Qué importa señorita?" Hugo inquired at your new expression his tone was almost sad for you. The shoes were indeed quality but  weren't what you were looking for.

"They are brilliant Hugo, but not quite what i had in mind."You explained softly and he nodded understandingly, but then he asked you to wait a moment before leaving. You complied with a nod.

Hugo disappeared into the back of the shop for a bit and returned with an old worn out box. You blinked at it curiously and gasped as the lid was pulled away.

Violet dance shoes laid there with golden trimmings and golden thread laced throughout them. You smiled and thanked Hugo with an enormous hug before paying for the shoes and taking them home, you placed them on your bed and scribbled a note before walking back to get the groceries your mother needed.

You faithfully went all around the market with a smile and kind attitude till you finished and took the groceries home. You still had plenty of time before Imelda's celebration so with a kiss on your mother's cheek and a hug to your Papã you walked out the door heading to musicians plaza.

As you walked you hummed a quiet tune to yourself and soon realized it was, The world es mi familia. The first song Hector and Ernesto had sang. It was really a beautiful song and you wondered how they came up with it.

You turned into the alleyway you'd first really met Hector in and smiled as the memories came back to you like a sweet melody.

"Ah alone again señorita?" Someone questioned behind you. You smiled remembering Hector's previous words.

"Si Senõr, but as i have said before-" as you turned you froze seeing Eduardo leaning against a wall his ankles crossed and his arms folded.

"As you mentioned before~?" He made a motion with his right hand prompting you to continue.

"My hermana and I are quite capable of traveling alone." You replied coldly.

"Ay señorita, there's no need to be hostile." Eduardo stated pushing off the wall with his hands up peacefully. You flinched when this action revealed a gun on his hip. "I only wanted to know." You remained silent for a moment in shock but then started to walk away briskly.

"Lo siento señor, I should be more careful to judge, adiós." Suddenly a hand caught your wrist and you jumped.

"I'm glad you're not being so hostile now Señorita, now perhaps we could talk a bit more."

"No, I am in a rush." You responded somewhat harshly. But the man's grip didnt lessen at all.

"lamento oír eso." He mummbled with a smile. "I suppose we'll have to do this the hard way." You flinched as he branished his gun and aimed it at you. "This way señorita if you please."