SCALPEL03 - Doctor Saavedra

CALEB NICHOLAS

NAIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

I have just walked out of the Airport and the breath of the Philippine air filled my nose.. It has been 15 years and I can say things had changed.

"Welcome back Caleb!" I whispered to myself. I bitterly smiled. I am back! I am back to the place where I lost myself.

Tsk. Stop the drama Caleb. It's disgusting.

I immediately hired a taxi to take me to the condominium just to drop my things and transported me again to MTE Hospital.

"Welcome to the Philippines Dr. Caleb Saavedra!" The director, Mr. Salvador Tarroja cheerfully greeted me together with the board of directors. He offered me a handshake and I 'gladly' accepted it.

"I'm very glad to come back here Sir. Considering that I haven't been here for almost 15 years. I felt like I went out of the prison." I nonchalantly said and they just laughed as if I dropped a joke.

"Well, now that you're here, let us help each other. My name is Salvador Tarroja by the way. I am the director of this hospital."

"And I am Sofronio Santiago, the president of this Hospital." The man, who is Sofronio Santiago and as what I am presuming, the director's son-in-law, butted in.

"It's a pleasure working under you Director Tarroja and President Santiago."I said as I flashed a casual smile to them.

"No, Dr. Saavedra. The pleasure is all ours. We are very glad that you choose to work under MTEH. Given the fact that you're a very renowned doctor from Harvard." President Santiago alleged.

"So, this is my secretay, Janice Rojas. She will show you the hospital. See you later doctor Saavedra. I'm very sorry I can't show it to you by myself. We have a meeting in 10 minutes."

"It's fine with me Mr. Tarroja. I know that you're all very busy. See you around then." I waved at them while smiling. I coldly dropped my hands and my smile disappeared suddenly as they turned their backs from me.

Tarroja and Santiago you two ar-

"Doctor?" The secretary snapped me out from a deep thought.

"Oh yeah. I'm sorry miss Rojas."

"You can call me Jane, Dr. Saavedra. And uhmm.. ano po. Let's go?" She smiled at me and led the way to where we are going.

"Eto po sir, I mean, Sir, this is the ward section. This room is for patients who don't want to spend a lot of money and on the other side, is the room for patients who wanted to be in private." She showed me a ward with three patients inside.

"Siya po ang bagong doctor ng hospital." She gladly announced at the patients.

She also showed me the private rooms and other rooms and facilities of the hospital. While walking, a room with tinted windows caught my attention.

"Excuse me, what room is this?" I asked. She dazingly looked at me as if another head popped out from my body.

"Ahh, this room is our conference room. Doctors at surgeons usually have a meeting here. We introduce doctors here sometimes and we usually asses candidate patients here. And doctors and surgeons tend to explain here if they had a mistake or something." (A/N Candidate patients- kadalasang tawag sa mga pasyente na ooperahan kung pinag-iisipan pa ng mga doctor if pwede silang operahan o hindi)