Knockout x Reader

Requested by ScarletSummers14
Based off of tfp

"New Sparkmates"

You and Knockout were brand new at sparkmates, and since no Cybertronian on Earth had a sparkmate, you both didn't know much about it. I mean, you both knew the basics; being able to read each other's thoughts and emotions, that special longing feeling when you weren't near them, knowing that if one of you died, the other would soon follow. But you didn't know exactly how it worked. There were usually ceremonies for this, things to do before you both became sparkmates. But this was war, and even if you tried to forget, there will probably always be a war.

You and Knockout had been 'together' for a few years now, almost six, when you both agreed it was time to become sparkmates. Now, you were both stuck reading each other's thoughts without knowing how to stop it. You had both rummaged through every datapad on the ship, only to find nothing. No Decepticon ever had or planned of having a sparkmate, so they never learned anything either. Eventually, you had gotten used to it, but sometimes it bothered you. Like now.

You were in your shared berthroom reading a datapad titled, the "Sparkmates And Where To Find Them" when you began to hear Knockout's thoughts.

'Okay, scaple, hook, saw, buffer—' his thoughts cut off. 'Oh Primus wait why is he bleeding like that wait I need help oh no but I'm the only medic oh god'

'Did you check the hemostatic level?'

'Yes! What do you think I am, a bad doctor?' He kind-of snarled at you. You could sense his unease and nervousness. If he lost another patient you might as well just call him the ex-medic.

'Why don't you double check.' You suggested.

'Glitch. I'm a medic I know what the frag I'm—oh.'

'Yeah, would you look at that. Hemostatic levels are lower than suggested. Weird. Didn't someone tell you to check that?' You teased, still looking at your datapad even if you weren't reading it. It was boring anyway.

'Shut up.'

'Maybe later. Now, get back to work and stop staring at the wall like a creep.'

'Glitch.'

'Afthole.'

It was silent for a moment as you listened, waiting for Knockout to give in.

'I love you.'

'I love you too. Now get to work, I don't want to have to be forced to join the Autobots with you if you lose a vehicon.' You paused. 'Again.'

Knockout probably only knew a little bit about being an actual medic considering the schools were shut down before he finished, but you were glad he still got his not-so-perfect dream job. Now you needed to get back to yours.

You set your datapad down with a sigh, standing off of the berth and making your way out of the room and down the hall. Time to go attempt to hack into Autobot files.

Again.