Chapter 4

I opened my eyes. Where... what happened? Then it all came back to me.
"Sophie are you okay?" Keefe asked. "You passed out in the hallway randomly. I caught you just in time. Tam took a shadowvapor reading of you but once he was inside he had probably the most dramatic accidental fall eveerrr. And he had a horrrible headache. Even I felt lots of pain. He said that the shadow vapor wasn't even from secrets. It was from emotional pain... and I know you wouldn't want to talk about it."
"Is everyone okay?"
"Yup everyone is fine. Except you. Your brain cells are a bit damaged. But they should be fixed after you go to Telepathy."
"Um how do I get there?"
"Walk, Foster. You walk. Come on. I'll take you. I was going to ditch class anyway."
"Thanks Keefe. You know, any girl who marries you is a lucky girl."
"Who said make Keefe blush was a game?" He laughed.
"Ha." As we walked near the classroom, I got nervous. What would Fitz think? What if he wasn't there?
"Relax Foster. I know Fitz is there but he won't say anything."

Fitz' perspective

Where is Sophie? I thought. Teirgan was already here. Sophie was never late.
"Fitz, I forgot to tell you, Sophie blacked out. I know that it's none of your buisne..."
"WHAT OF COURSE SHE IS MY BUSINESSE I LOVE, I mean, um," I looked around to see if Linh heard because her class was right next to mine. Instead, I saw Sophie at the door clearly knowing how I finished my sentence.
"Oh... hiiiii soopphiiieeee......" I trailed off.

Sophie's perspective

"Oh, um hi." I said. But then I was angry. Not at their relationship. He was using Linh to try and make me jealous. "Fitz. You idiot. Why are you doing this to Linh? You're just using her to make me jealous right? Linh actually loves you."
"I know she loves me. And I love her back." He said. But the last part was just, it was, it felt, it felt like it was true. It knocked me heart out of place. I tried to fight my resist to inflict, but I knew I shouldn't.
"And I'm not using Linh to make you jealous. She wouldn't do anything to BETRAY me, like you did." The last part was so quiet, Teirgan didn't even hear it. But I did.
"Well maybe if you would have let me talk to tell you that Linh..." I was interrupted.
"Linh didn't do anything."
"Oh yes she did."
"So I should've kissed Linh instead? The person that I should've kissed was the one that I didn't have a crush on?" Okay, that one just hit me like a bomb. I would've toppled if I wasn't already sitting in a desk.
"Guys! I told you to talk with your minds not with your mouths." Teirgan asked. "If you guys don't regain your trust, this is hard to say but, you guys are going to have to cancel the action of being Cognates." I slammed the table. I didn't want to stop being Cognates.
Me neither. Fitz whispered inside my head. I jumped. I forgot that he could get past my blocking.
If we don't start trusting eachother soon, we have to stop.
I want to trust you.
I want to trust you too. I transmit. But I don't think I can...