Chapter 1 | After The Fall

¡THIS IS NOT MY STORY! The story was make by nyxblack on fanfiction.net.

----------

Five years after the Final Battle, life was good. Many sacrifices had been made in the name of the "Greater Good" but in the end the good guys won. Voldemort and his Death Eaters were defeated and those Death Eaters that escaped during the Final Battle were eventually rounded up and tried for their crimes. The Malfoy's at least, were one of the few families originally aligned with the Dark that managed to escape imprisonment or the Dementor's Kiss. Well, Draco and Narcissa Malfoy at least...Lucius Malfoy, well, that's a story for another time.

It was only a year after the War that the economy began to pull itself together and the Ministry of Magic, while still somewhat corrupt and scrambling to hold their head above the water in this ever-changing time, managed to stay in control. Under the new leadership of Kingsley Shacklebolt however, the Ministry was born anew. Unfortunately many Muggleborn and a rather devastating number of Half-Blood employees were lost during the War... some killed, others imprisoned and many missing. Whether they remained in hiding or had met a more unfortunate end was anyone's guess at the time. In the coming years a few resurfaced, a small amount choosing to return to the Ministry, though a larger number still held a heavy distrust for the system that had very nearly cost them their lives and lives of their loved ones, for nothing more than simply being born to the wrong people.

Furthermore in an attempt to weed out the corruption in the ministry, Kingsley and a trusted few, investigated a large number of employees, many of whom were soon found to be accepting bribes from known Death Eaters. Many were bigots and sympathizers to Voldemort's cause and his blood war, and a handful bore the Dark Mark itself branded on the skin of their forearms. Trials were held and justice was swiftly served.

Another side effect of Kingsley Shacklebolt's appointment as the new Minister of Magic, was a wave of freshly graduated Hogwarts students, of every background, flooding into the Ministry taking up those jobs left behind. For some Muggleborn and Half-Bloods these jobs would have been nothing more than a far off dream for them in the past. The favouritism and prejudice of the earlier regime would have crippled their prospects.

Now that's not to say everything was perfect. After so many years of corruption and greed it was nearly impossible to catch every single bad egg... however, it was a start.

As for our heroes? The so-called 'Golden Trio' and their loved ones moved on with their lives, mourning those who were lost and eventually learning to live again.

The Weasley's, that loving, warm family of redheads lost one of their own in the war, Fred Weasley and the family mourned for a time, his twin, George and their mother Molly taking his death the hardest. Though that's not to say the loss their other family members experienced was any less devastating. Though as we all know everyone deals with loss in their own ways... some better than others.

For years George would be a shell of a man. He continued to operate Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes but it would take time before he could bring himself to create any new products. For many years it stayed this way until finally with a look of determination, he set his shoulders and the still young joker began to create again. In memory of the twin he lost and all those who had lost their lives so soon he began to bring laughter back into the world... one joke at a time. Though it wasn't all fun and games. Some of the shop's latest best selling items became items such as Magical Prosthetics and Memory Spheres, the idea for which, he got from Harry's experience with Dumbledore's Pensieve. As implied these Memory Spheres could hold a number of the owners memories. When activated they would play said memories in a hologram displayed above the shining, sparkling sphere.

Magic could be a truly beautiful thing as many began to learn in the peace after the War.

In the wake of the Final Battle, covered in grime, blood and dirt the Weasley family returned home, exhausted and mourning, the family stayed together. Any other day Molly Weasley would have been ecstatic to have all of her children in one place but today was different... she'd lost one of her own. The final conformation of their loss came in the form of a single hand of a clock. Lying beneath her families' beloved clock, broken into pieces was Fred Weasley's clock hand, a hand that would spin no more. The proof lay bare before her, bringing up long forgotten memories of the first war and the loss of her twin brothers and Molly Weasley cried. For days it seemed as though all she did was cry.