Chapter 13 | To Hell With The Timeline

¡THIS IS NOT MY STORY! The story was make by nyxblack on fanfiction.net.

——————————

Jacob and Queenie march along the Death Cell corridor with purpose.

An alarm goes off in the distance and a number of Wizards hurry past the two in the opposite direction in response... Jacob and Queenie increase their pace.

In the heart of the MACUSA lobby, an alarm blares out across the spacious room.

Confusion is clear among the faces of the crowd, people gather in groups, nervously chattering, others scurry about, urgent and anxious.

A team of Aurors hurry across the lobby, headed directly for the stairs leading down to the basement.

Hermione runs through the basement corridors, turning a corner, joyous as her eyes alight on the running forms of Newt and Tina. She opens her mouth to shout out a greeting when suddenly the pair are accosted by a small group of Aurors. A growl pulls from Hermione's lips as she watches the the Aurors fire off a barrage of spells and curses at the pair now hidden behind a pair of pillars.

In a flurry of movement Hermione shoots off a volley of her own, her spells hitting most of their marks, incapacitating them.

Cursing them while their back is turned... honestly. She chastises the American Aurors mentally.

All but one are unconscious or otherwise incapacitated and she levels her wand. The lone man turns, wand raised as he looses spell after spell in her direction. She walks forward, briskly and with purpose, slashing her wand through the air, pulling up a shield each time a spell or curse is about to hit her person.

"Hermione!" Newt's shocked voice echoes in the seemingly never ending corridor, he and Tina now exposed. Hermione flashes him a quick smile, momentarily distracted she misses the cutting curse headed her way, her smile turns to a grimace as the spell connects with her side. Slicing through her skin just as easily as it did through the thin fabric of her shirt. Eyes still on the Auror, wand raised, she grits her teeth, her free hand pressing against the bleeding wound.

Even from this distance Hermione can see as Newt's eyes widen in fear and worry, the way his mouth pulls into a tight line as he reaches into his pocket, whipping something into the air with a flick of his wrist.

A quiet gasps falls from Hermione's lips as the most peculiar creature spreads its reptile like wings and takes flight. The creature glides towards Hermione and the Auror, crashing into the surprised man's head, knocking him unconscious as Newt sprints over, long legs crossing the distance between them in no time at all. Tina watches on, wide-eyed from beside the pillar, her own Auror training kicking in as she checks the corridor for anymore surprises.

Newt comes to a stop in front of Hermione, a strange clicking noise falling from his lips as he recalls the creature, which reforms itself into a small cocoon as it falls into his hands, before stuffing in back into the pocket of his overcoat. His warm hands, free once more, cup her cheeks. His expression softens, relief clear, a brilliant smile spreading across his handsome features. Fire floods her body as their skin meets, the pain from the cut in her side all but forgotten as a soft sigh falls from her lips, and all she can focus on is his hands on her cheeks. As soon as the flame begins to engulf her he drops his hands and she remembers the pain in her side, and winces, clutching her side. Newt's eyes widen at her movement.

"It looks worse than it is." Hermione promises with a small smile, pressing her hand more firmly against the wound.

There's honestly no telling how bad it is until I get a good look at it... She thinks with a small twinge of guilt.