i. Too Late

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐒.
𝒊. too late

 too late

             𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 time that Topanga had known Tony Stark, she'd known him to make dumb decisions

             𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 time that Topanga had known Tony Stark, she'd known him to make dumb decisions. There was the time when he'd shut down all of Time Square — Lord knows how — for their anniversary and Everybody made stupid mistakes but Tony more than most people. But for all of the mistakes he made, each dumb decision was often fuelled by good intentions because that was the kind of person that he was. A flawed man with good intentions and a heart too big for his own good.

          And for the life of her, Topanga could not find the good intention behind this.

          She'd done everything in her power to make sure that he would show up. She'd reminded him of the day every day for the late month. There were sticky notes posted all over their home; on the refrigerator, on the corner of the television. Topanga had even made JARVIS set a reminder for him. He'd assured her every time that he'd be there. He'd leave work early and he'd be right in his way. But of course, he was a no-show.

          Topanga wasn't even sure why she'd expected anything else. It wasn't as if Tony had been keeping a lot of promises lately but this was their son, for crying out loud. Tony was trying. To his credit, he was t and she was aware of how much effort it took to save the world every single day and still show up on time got every event but she figured that for such a huge honour, he'd make an exception. Aaron was getting his art hung up in a gallery and it was one of the best in the world but it seemed once again that Tony was much more interested in carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders than anything else. She could not believe him.

          Topanga tightened her grip on the steering wheel and attempted to smother her anger as she glanced at the back. "Do you guys want to stop somewhere for something to eat?" she asked, the question directed more specifically at her oldest son. Aaron remained emotionless as he stared ahead at the road. She rolled her eyes at him and pulled the earbuds out of his ears.