vi. Dinner Plans

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐒.
𝒗𝒊. dinner plans

 dinner plans

          𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍, as was Tony Stark

          𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍, as was Tony Stark. On some levels, it was one of their greatest strengths and in other ways, it was what threatened to tear them apart time and time again. It was what had kept them apart when they both realized that they had feelings for each other. They both wanted to be with the other but neither of them wanted to be the first to say it. It was the same thing decades later.

          Neither of them enjoyed arguing or going to bed angry but neither of them wanted to be the first to say it. But three days into their fight meant three days of polite, brief conversation or no conversation at all, three days of icing each other out and two lonely nights was harder than it seemed. Topanga was beyond exhausted.

          Sinking into the cushion of pillows behind her head, she exhaled quietly. Swallowing her pride, she whispered loud enough for Tony to hear from his spot across the room. "I'm sorry."

           Tony glanced back at her, his hands frozen hovering over the button that he'd been just about to close. "What?" he asked, his features screwed up in confusion.

          "I'm sorry," Topanga repeated, unable to meet his eyes. "I'm sorry for saying those things and I'm sorry if I made you feel like you weren't enough. I know that you're trying your best and I'm sorry."

            Tony releases a breath, his features relaxing as he approached the bed. "You don't have anything to be sorry about. Nothing that you said was a lie. I know it's true. I just don't know what to do and I hate that it makes you feel alone."

            For once, she looked up to meet his eyes. She was surprised to find how new that seemed to her. The same warm brown that they'd always been but she'd never noticed the tiny flecks of gold that seemed to swim in them. Or perhaps she had noticed. She just didn't remember. She patted the spot next to her, motioning for him to seat.

             "I don't feel alone. I just miss you sometimes and it's really hard." Topanga placed her hand lightly on his cheek and moved it underneath his jaw. Soon, both of her hands were on either side of his face and she'd positioned herself so that she was straddling him, her legs on either side of his body. She traced the outline of his jaw with kisses, mentally memorizing the details of his face because she wasn't sure when she'd be this close again. She captured his lips in a kiss that drew the air from her lungs and had her jumping beating out of her chest.