twenty

opening up: chapter twenty

"Hey," She opens up the door for me, letting me in. I give her a soft smile, and she just gives me a little smile that was nearly almost not visible to the eye. My heartbeat could be heart out of my chest, I was beyond nervous.

After the party, things got more awkward for us. But that's just how things go along the way. Love isn't easy at all. "So what did you want to talk about?" I ask—my breath hitching.

Her hands take my hands in hers, entangling perfectly together. I felt her warmth, even hearing her fastening heartbeat—aligning with mine. "You see I've never felt this way before," she sighs, trying to find a form of words to explain her feelings, "this is new to me as it's new for you."

I take in her words—she feels the same way, but can't express it fully because, well in every relationship she's had—she thought you'd always lose feelings and move on to the next. I cup her cheeks, our foreheads touching.

"Baby that's love." I smile. "Don't be afraid to hide your feelings because I love you–and I-I won't leave like the others. You belong in my heart Lee Dabin."

She closes her eyes and I immediately know what to do. I lean in, my hands shaking. I place my lips on hers and I feel pure happiness. Her soft plump lips fit mine perfectly. She pulls away—her eyelashes fluttering and that reminded me on the first day we met.

But she was different this time. A completely different side of her. Unknowingly in love, this whole time—love that she felt for me changed her. She was so used to getting what she wanted—now realizing that the chase was worth it. Because she finally could call me mine and I could do the same.

"I do love you," she smiles at me, hiding her face in her hands. I take her hands away for her to look at me.

"I didn't hear you!" I laugh.

"I said I love you Nancy Jewel." She laughs with me—I pull her into a small hug.

"I love you Lee Dabin." I kiss her nose and we cuddle and watch anime for the rest of the night—there's no place I would rather be, than with her.

going back to my old writing style!! i was waiting for enough feedback, but i didn't want you guys to suffer! i'm such a bad author! i listened to all of your feedback, and i'm going to try to make the chapters longer as well!