twenty-two

chapter twenty two: the sunset can't compare to you

“This is it.” She lets go of my hand just for a second to open the door to the mysterious place. She dragged me here, a long car ride only to be blindfolded moments before we arrived. It was a surprise—she told me before we'd gotten out of the car.

I was welcomed with the sound of sweet piano music—soft notes that reminded me of my very soft girlfriend. The air felt romantic—could air even have feel to it? Whatever it was, I felt it. And by the way Dabin was shaking, her hands becoming clammy, I knew she'd felt it too.

Her fingers move to my hair, which had grown by a smidge. Dabin unties the blindfold and slowly peels it away from my face. My vision—blurry at first becomes clear, and I gasp at the sight.

The wasn't as I expected. Yeonwoo and I never really went out on fancy dates. So when that blindfold came off, I was internally screaming at how pretty this place was.

The walls were a soft muted pink. The tables were round and the tablecloth had a velvet feel to it. The chairs were white, with a soft, carved in design—one of a kind from one another. I've guessed this was a valentines sort of themed restaurant and I wasn't complaining.

A sweet waitress came up to us with a couple of menus. She wasn't wearing a typical work outfit—needless to say she looked adorable. The waitress seemingly named ‘Jane’ as read on her nametag wore a cute gingham blouse with a red skirt. But all of her attention was on Yeonwoo. I was too distracted to realize they were talking about her reservations.

Jane looked on the list and searched for Yeonwoo's name. She smiled when she found it—completely ignoring me and leading what felt like only Dabin to our table.

It felt that these seats were the best in the whole restaurant. We were next to the heart-shaped window. It was a beautiful sight. I know this is going to sound cheesy in my head—but Dabin was a better sight to admire.

She was wearing a purple dress, with slight ruffles on the front and her hair was curled. Her baby hairs fell on her face, slightly covering those dreamy eyes of hers.

She was looking out as the sun slowly turned peach—as if it was blushing right back at her. Clouds cascaded along the horizon, in soft little puffs of light pink.

A little smile formed on her lips as she turned to face me, I was staring far too long at her and she knew I was.

“How do you like the restaurant?” She asked, her interest all on me now. I blushed, feeling a little flustered after she caught me looking at her.

“I love it, so much,” I said in awe. She smiled, taking my hands and intertwining them with hers. I looked at our hand difference and gushed. “Your hands are big.” I joked around and she started laughing along with me.

“Nancy we were having a moment and you really mention my hands in the middle of it.” She says in between laughs.

“The funniest moments with you are the best moments.” I play with her fingers, looking back at her with the biggest smile on my face.

“Were so cheesy today,” She pauses to push a hair behind my ear, “I like this side of us better.”

Jane comes over to our table, notepad in hand. She gives Dabin all of her attention, making me completely jealous. After she was finished ordering, she turned to face me. A deadpan look was on her face. I start ordering and she yawns sarcastically.

After finishing up my order, she walks off. She looks like a complete supermodel. I scoff, a pout on my face as I sipped on my soda.

“You know I have eyes for only you right?” She tries to reassure me, but I couldn't help but feel jealous. I mean look at Jane, she was beautiful. I would leave myself too.

She got up, grabbing my hand and leading us outside the restaurant. I was trying to catch my breath but Dabin grabbed my hand again and led me to the car.

“What are we do–” She cuts me off by placing a kiss on my forehead. She grabs ahold of my shoulders and shakes me a little bit.

“You didn't like the waitress no?” I try to speak but she cut me off. “Screw fancy dates I like eating takeout and watching movies with you.” I blush, my face turning hot. We get into the car and drive home.

I throw popcorn at Yeonwoo, who's falling asleep during the movie. I put the blanket on top of her, then lay next to her and fall asleep in her arms.

“I love you.” I whispered, nuzzling into her neck and slowly drifted off to sleep.

hello i'm sorry for being so inactive! i left you all hanging and i feel soo bad :(. i promise i'll try to update often!