XIV

we knew each other for a year. we were together for seven months. you said you didn't like time.

that time was nothing but a concept that humans made up. maybe that's why seven months with you felt like a flashy lifetime.

I used to spend my 3 am's alone in my apartment, afraid and crying to the blank walls, the ticking clock and the muted television. I used to beg for something to happen- for someone to be a part of my life and love me for who I am.

I was starting to believe that I'll never fall in love- no one will ever love me and I'll never have my first kiss. not getting married and having kids was my biggest fear.

after I became better physically and mentally. I focused more on my health and career. with no qualifications, I had no choice but to work in retail.

I never saw the importance of love until I started to watch more movies and read more books. love was everywhere.

but the lovers that existed in fiction were unrealistic. it's not possible to find someone down to earth and respectful. someone who's graceful both physically and internally with a heart of gold.

but then I met you.

Min Yoongi.

you were all of those things, what we had was admirable. maybe I had this perfect idea of you from the start- I chose to ignore the harmful signs of you eventually about to leave me and how you never really loved me. because how could you when you didn't love yourself?

I didn't beg anymore for something astonishing to happen. because after that day in the park, I knew what we were about to have would be valuable.