Chapter 16

Chapter sixteen:

[Sasha's POV]

I groaned as I rolled over in bed for the third time tonight. This incessant need to go to the bathroom every few hours was extremely tiring. It was still dark outside and I didn't bother to look at the clock as I literally rolled myself off the bed to my feet and began trudging towards the toilet.

I was now 35 weeks pregnant and well into my third trimester, however no matter how many times I felt the calling, I never got used to running back and forwards to the bathroom. I was practically wearing down the carpet.

After I relieved myself I saw the numbers on the clock read 4.30am. I sighed and wondered if it was worth going back to bed. Instead I walked down the hallway to the bedroom next door and pushed it open. I was so excited to have it finally completed. Jake had been adamant about buying everything and anything for Annalise and the whole room pretty much consisted of a cot and about a million boxes and bags.

Annalise squirmed inside of me and I rubbed my swollen belly subconsciously. She was growing bigger and now had little room for those big kicks and now would just wriggle around having fun pushing against my bladder.

"Are you done with your acrobatics baby girl?" I spoke to her as I skimmed my fingers over the swell of my stomach. I was answered by her elbow, or knee, rubbing down the front of my tummy and I smiled. "Life's never lonely with you is it sweety?" I chuckled.

I yawned wide and headed back to my cold bed tossing the sheets over me. Today was Saturday and with nothing to fill my day ahead I decided to drive over to Jenna's house for some quality time with her.

***

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I was greeted by a wide-eyed Jenna as she opened the front door of her house.

"Uh... hello to you too Jen. I'm visiting... I'm not disturbing you am I?" I asked nervously. I never usually called or gave notice when I would visit her on the weekend but this time it seemed like I was a little unwelcomed.

She sighed heavily and rolled her eyes. "No, come on in"

She turned to walk inside and I followed her shutting the oak door. As I continued down the hallway to her lounge I gasped. There were literally hundreds of pink and white balloons littering the floor and a mess of streamers of the same colours being strung across the walls.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

"Well! It was SUPPOSED to be your surprise baby shower seeing as you've been too lazy to throw one yourself but it seems like you got your surprise a little earlier than expected" Jenna explained.

"No way!" I squealed as a huge smile painted its way across my face.  "Jenna you are absolutely the BEST friend anyone could have!"

I hugged her tightly which earned me a laugh and a tight embrace back. We walked further into her house to her kitchen and I took a seat on one of her bar stools as she made herself coffee.

"Coffee?" she offered.

"I don't think I can drink coffee remember?" I replied pointing at my belly.

"Oh right!" She laughed, "Water then?" I nodded and we chatted until her coffee was finished.

"Can I help with anything?" I asked. There were a few people around the house decorating and cleaning, because let's face it... who has a spotless house 24/7 when no one is around.

"Uh... well since you crashed your own surprise I guess you can watch the food in case they burn" she nodded towards the kitchen again.

I nodded and set up the food as well as cleaned a bit. It was already eleven and apparently the baby shower started at one-thirty. I was considering going to the bathroom again and wondered if I could just finish baking the pasta before I went when I started to feel something drip between my legs.