Prolouge

I'm happy. I really am.... He thought to himself "Urghhhh!!" Shrek groaned in frustration. "I am happy so why do I...?" He sighed again "It's stupid to think of such pointless things." He said to himself.

What he was experiencing was loneliness. The longing to be with with someone. It didn't even have to be romantic just someone to free him off this chain of sadness.

This wasn't anything new he lived by himself and told himself he was happy that way. But every once in a while a human would come to his house. And once they did they would scream and call him a monster.

It's not like he was hurt by this since he was used to it being the only ogre around and all. But when they would leave, he felt self doubt.

It was almost as if he was sad they were gone because they entertained him to some degree. Although he knew this masochistic behavior wasn't healthy, he knew why he felt this way.

He wanted someone to be friends or maybe lovers with. He wanted someone by his side. As much as he hated to admit it these were his feelings and he just couldn't deny them any longer.

But it was truly unfortunate every species had rejected him. So he knew, in order to have someone by his side he needed to find another ogre.

But with no strength to go through emotions, He just stayed within his house and hoped maybe someday something would happen.

Even though he knew nothing would a part of him shined with hope that maybe he would be proved wrong someday.